Chapter 2; Bored, Tired, Exhausted..

A Big Mistake..

Chapter 2; Bored, Tired Exhausted.. 

My wall of arms provided me with peaceful darkness, Letting the light peak through small cracks. It reminded me of the ancient house, the way my leaky roof donated me with the source of the sun, allowing some of the blackness to fade away. Even the feeling of safeness remained around me, letting me know that I could cry in pain for hours without any comfort. It would be weird to anyone else as to how a shed-like-room, full of rusty nail which kept the room intact, and few broken floorboard could make a person feel so protected. That room was the only thing which I used to consider mine. Although, these talented hands had the power to block the jitter chatters of my fellow classmate when my own strong walls become weak as the rage take over the entire house. That's when the trust I had in it, shattered.

I shook away the haunting memories, letting the only thought I wanted to swiftly drift around my head. You can't change, this isn't you, your not like everyone else. You can't be like everyone else. I nodded in agreement, knowing why these harsh words were delivered to me. Surely, a thick layer of make-up, a bubbly personality, and trendy clothes just didn't fit in my lifestyle any more. It used too. But, now I have to hop along acknowledging the fact that this is how things are going to go on.

I don't know why I thought changing myself would get rid of the past. Maybe, the glares and the unappealing stares I receive as soon as I catch someone eyes would vanish, too. Stuff like that only take place in fantasy books and dramatic films, not in reality.

This nap started off with the lack of sleep but instead it lead me towards the right path. A path which I will stick too.

I lifted the heavy weight of my head up with a small sign. Just in time for Miss Jackson to devote all her attention from the rest of the class to me. This made my left brow raise up an amusement question as I was accustomed with this gesture often. What was I in trouble for this time?

"Miss Anderson, you got a one hour detention with Mr Pine, for throwing a pencil at him," She lets out a sign, revealing how tired she is with the everyday conversation. "Please, make this the last one Valerie?"

"Yes ma'am!" I slowly allowed my lip to pull upwards into a smirk, "I will try and aim badly the next time, I promise." Adding a salute at the end.

With another deep sign, she swished around giving rest of her attention to the white writing on the cheap, charcoal black surface. Just glancing at the blackboard gave me cringe remembering the squeaky chaos developed when the chalky powder connects with its background. It was like a disgraceful tap artist dancing along the curves of the letters.

Without a warning, my dull eyes started scanning my surroundings. When I entered the sleep still had a weird power on me so I couldn't even try and calculate who was attended to give me my everyday dose of glares. I wouldn't be able to live with out those looks. My eyes stopped at a certain figure lazily slouching besides the head of the cheerleaders, Charlotte.

This girl was beyond beautiful with her shiny blonde curls bouncing happily around her heart-shaped face. Her blue eyes twinkled, as her million dollar smile became the spotlight of her make-up packed features. She definitely lacked the idea of clothes covering her body, or maybe ignoring the fact that not all boys are sex toys. But I still had my generous amount of love for my ex-best friend.

She was different. Charlotte wasn't always this snobby and stuck up. There was a natural glow to her face delivered by her golden heart. Girls used to love her even though she was invisible. With her big chunky glasses covering half her face and even clothes that hide her purity away. None of us cared when boys only glanced right through us as if we were ghosts. It was accepted since it started. Soon, disappointment take over every inch of my mind as she travelled separately away to the popularity.