Chapter 8

"Mum, Narcissa, do I look okay?" I asked as I fiddled with my hair and prodded at my cheek.

"Beautiful," they both replied, then giggled.

"I can't believe this day has finally come for Draco," Narcissa smiled, "I always knew he would find love."

My mother squealed as I pulled up my dress. The gorgeous, black material piece that Narcissa had bought for me was lovely. It bunched around my hips and the sweetheart neckline showed a little more of my skin, exaggerating the contrast between my pale complexion and the dark dress.

It was perfect.

"You look beautiful," Narcissa smiled, "I'm glad I chose this dress."

My mum turned to her new-found friend who was also my soon-to-be-husband's mother, "It's perfect! Thank you so much."

"It's my pleasure," Narcissa beamed, "I'm just so pleased with who Draco has become."

I felt myself blushing at her words. Had I really changed Draco?

Before I knew it, I was walking up the aisle - which actually was just the space between the few chairs we'd laid out for Blaise, Daphne and Draco's mother. My mum was walking me.

Soon I was in front of Draco, staring into his grey eyes that suddenly seemed so full of affection. The phrase 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' came to mind. I had missed him so much.

My mother and Draco's helped to lead us into our vows, and my soon-to-be-husband began to speak.

"It feels although I've been in love with you forever but even I know that it's not true. At first, I didn't like you. I'll admit that. However, I can explain why I didn't. It's because love grows. I knew nothing about you, and even when I began to like you, I hurt you repeatedly. So proposing to you was not just so that we could be bound together even more strongly, it was so that I can promise to you that I'll always be by your side. And I pray that I don't hurt you for the rest of my days."

He took a breath and began again, "I never thought I'd say this to someone, but I truly hope that we only part in death. Even more so, I hope that if there is anything after this life, I can be with you."

I smiled, and felt tears prick at my eyes. Draco's words were beautiful, and I knew from the look he gave me that every word of it was true.

"I'm so glad that I came to love you because you are undoubtedly the best thing that has ever happened to me," I told him, gripping his hands tight, "I know that if it wasn't for you, I probably would have been hunted down by now. These aren't really vow-like, or the sort of thing you'd say at a wedding, but it's what I need to tell you and I couldn't think of a better time than now. I truly wish that we'll be together for the rest of our time and I am more in love with you than I ever have been."

Our mothers stood forward. They ushered for Draco to put the wedding ring on my finger, and they both said together, "You are now husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

And I can say that it was the greatest kiss of all of the ones I shared with Draco.