Chapter 7

Blaise had informed me that Draco would be visiting soon when he came to see us again.

I was finally cheerful after six months of not seeing him.

I used the shower and scrubbed my body clean of all the grime and dirt that was down here. We were basically underground.

I got dressed and applied a little mascara and eyeliner. I smiled at my reflection - I looked happy. I looked alright.

"Evelyn!" I heard my mum shout.

I ran to my mother, but when I got to her I spotted Draco behind her.

Swerving around my mum, I threw myself into his arms. I hugged him tight and pulled away to kiss his lips but ended it quickly since my mother was still in the room.

"I missed you," I whispered.

"As did I."

Soon we were all seated on the sofa of the hideout.

"I'm afraid I don't have the best news," Draco said quietly, "But I do also have great news."

My mother and I both looked at him, and I gulped. I didn't want there to be bad news, but the situation couldn't get that much worse.

"There will be a battle soon. I have to-"

"Draco, you can't get involved," I said sternly.

"I have to," he repeated, holding my hand softly, "I'll try to stay out of it as much as I can."

"What's the good news?" My mum questioned.

"Evelyn and I can get married this weekend. It's Thursday now," Draco informed us with a grin, "My mother bought you a dress. For our safety, only you two, my mother, Blaise, Daphne and I will be attending."

"Daphne?!" I asked.

"Yes, Blaise located her at the school," Draco smiled.

I hugged him tight, clutching his body to mine. My mother got up and headed to the bathroom, and I heard the shower turn on.

"Draco," I muttered, "I don't want you to get hurt."

"I won't," he promised.

Draco's lips were suddenly attached to mine in a sweet yet miserable kiss. We knew this would be our last for now, but only until the weekend.

"Thank you for inviting Daphne," I told him as he got up and got ready to leave.

"Thank you for agreeing to marry me," he responded with a smirk.

"Goodbye!" I called as he began to shut the seal.

"You mean everything to me, Evelyn. Remember that."