chapter 12

Part II

Aiden

Every morning; I have made a habit of working out and to go over every thing that has happened and everything I know at the same time. I push away my bed covers and jump out of my bed. I open the blinds because sunlight is the only cure to sleepiness for me (well, other than a splash of water) and I turn on the radio which plays a set of hip-hop remixes that, even if you don't like the music genre, force you to work.I always hear in the gym, which is kind of perfect.

I start with push ups. And I start from the beginning of the story.

Layla, a raven head girl I have strong feelings for, came into my life abruptly. I don't remember much about how we really became friends, but I know a Honda civic, a cupcake shop and a haunted house party were involved.

Why can't I remember anything? Because Layla and I's families are part of a century long rivalry. Sounds a bit like Romeo and Juliet. Although, I never liked Shakespeare. Her family line has a line of casters cast down from generation to generation. Over territory and a throne, these two families did not let their kids be together. The girl that wad in love, a caster, decided to pass her heartbreak on the generations to come.

I move on to sit ups.

She put a spell that would force every Asli and Ozim to fall for each other, but the more they fell in love, the Ozim would be forgotten and slowly die. All to make the families regret their rivalry. Talk about holding a grudge. Well, I get it. Because Layla has taken me over in a way I never thought possible and I hate having to give the curse credit.

Jumping rope next.

The caster in her family, who was shown the image of the person that had to be forgotten, saw her instead of me.

I trip on the rope.

She should have made me fall in misery and I should have been the one who was on the edge of death. But I forgot her. And she became miserable. But she managed to get my trust and I believed her. I started remembering her at midnight, but forgetting her even more at noon the closer we got.

I needed to leave her so that people could start remembering her and that she wouldn't die and I have to find a way to fix this. But once I start thinking about what some of them have done to me, I trip on the jumping rope even more.

  I fall on the floor.

My sister was killed by the people in the Asli family that did not have the power to change anything with magic. The image shown to the caster is of the person when they are the most vulnerable. And guess how the impatient thought they could break me? Well, it worked. But not enough to spare Layla of her destiny. I wasn't vulnerable enough to be rightfully chosen by the caster.

I shut the radio off. Layla and I are miserable, separated and lonely, on either side of the ocean. Besides, I need to find the place where the original caster's bones rest because she's buried with a stone that keeps enough power to reverse this whole thing. It's the only way I can see her now. As much as I love Jon and Ron, the annoying twins I'm related to, Provence is a pain in the ass and I want to go back to Tampa with the girl I want to be able to like without the fear of our feelings being caused by a curse and of dying.

"AIDEN," Ron yells from behind my door. "Are we going to start looking for this hot girl's bones today or not?"

I wince, "please, do not call a dead girl's bones hot."