Chapter 12: Epilogue

{Time skip}

Byron's POV

Three years have passed and everything was once again hectic. Michael got a job in a genetics lab, thanks to him still completing the exams from his old college course. Having a hermaphrodite boyfriend helped, I'm sure. I don't mind being used as a test subject because now, thanks to my DNA, we have found another 563 men world wide who are hermaphrodites like me!

Eliza is now huge and always makes a mess in the house but today is her birthday. Naturally for a three year old she is excited, and Michael is off at the shops with Mavis to collect her cake and presents that we ordered online last week.

"Eliza Michelle Roberts! Get here now young lady!" I shout, chasing her around the house until I see her running, in fits of giggles, to the stairs. "Gotcha!" I laugh and I grip her around her waist and pull her back onto my lap as I pull her bright pink dress over her head.

She sits there on my crossed legs, a smile plastered to her face, before she is up and on the run again. "Eliza! Your socks!" I laugh and run after her again. Although she is only three, she is fast and very smart, just like her dad.

"Catch me mummy!" She shouts, laughing as she runs everywhere. She must've made herself dizzy because the next thing I saw was her running face first into the back of the sofa, her face still in contact as she sinks to her knees.

"Awww~ you're okay" I smile, but couldn't help breaking into a small giggle as I pulled her into my arms and held her gently. She looked up at me, rubbing her nose while tears attacked her eyes. She didn't cry though, my little trooper.

"Don't laugh at me mummy." She orders before I cover my mouth to hide my smile.

"Okay~ I won't. But you've gotta get your socks on and sit down like a good girl so I can make the food for your party." I smile and get up, setting her in the sofa.

"Okay, I'll be good-" she mutters before the door unlocks, revealing Michael, aunt Mavis, his parents and bags of presents. I smile softly at the sight as they all get tackled with hugs, though I couldn't help but let a tear be shed. My parents wanted nothing to do with me. Even after they found out I had Eliza, they just said that she my child not theirs. Heartless right?

"Okay everyone! Party time?" Mavis shouts, making us all laugh as I take the last of the food from the oven and lay it on the table.

Michael must've seen my tears because he was streight over and holding me tight. "Don't worry... They'll come around sooner or later." He whispers and kissed me cheek.

"Yeah, but when. She's their granddaughter. You'd think they would have the decency to at least send a card." I mutter and sigh heavily.

"Don't worry, let's just enjoy today." He smiles as I turn to face him, a soft smile on my face before I kiss him gently. His stubble of a beard was coming through and his eyes were still the same sparkling blue.

He was twenty one and I'm twenty. We have an amazing daughter and a house that is all ours. My life was perfect. I sat at the table as everyone gathered, the party in full swing for at least an hour until Michael spoke up.

"Can I have all your attention please?" He calls, the room falling silent. I was expecting his usual birthday speech that he does every year to say what a proud father he is, but instead he turns to me and goes down on one knee. I gasp, I was in shock, I didn't know what was going on.

"Byron Mason Jones... We've been through some rough and horrible times through out our lives, but I wanted to make it all better today. I know I tried to kill you when we were kids, and I know I wasn't the best boyfriend when we were dating... But I want to be a better husband then any man will ever be to anyone." He looked up at me and takes my hand on his as Mavis runs around and snaps a picture. He takes a box from his pocket and opens it to reveal a gorgous silver diamond engagement ring. "Will you marry me?"

I look around to everyone, their smiles alight like fireworks before I looked back at the love of my life, tears in my eyes and nod. "Yes... Yes yes!" I throw my arms around him tightly as I cry and kiss him deeply. The room erupted into applause and chorused cheers as he stood up, pulling me with him, spinning me happily as we both cried.

"I love you... Byron 'soon to be' Roberts" I giggle softly at his voice before I kiss him again.

"I love you more Michael 'soon to be mine' Roberts" I smile.

He then takes his seat again, pulling me onto his lap as we watch Eliza with her face in an unstoppable grin. "Make a wish" Michael's mother smiles before she nods and blows out the candles.

"What did you wish for?" Mavis grins, recording the moment right from the proposal till now.

"A baby brother!" She smiles widely, throwing her hands into the air as me and Michael look at her, mouth agape. Mavis turns the camera to us as Michael and me look at eachother with sweet smiles.

"I guess we can do that..." He smiles.

"We can try." I smile, kissing him tenderly. That's when I smelt it...

Peppermint.

-----------------------------

(Authors note)

That's it guys! The end!

I just wanted to say that this has been an amazing story to write, and in all my years I never thought that I would finish a story that I've grown to be so proud of. Thank you all so much for reading!

I hope you've taken something from this... I honestly want to know what you've learned, if anything...

Anyway... Thank you all! I love you!