Chapter 14

Semidio High

It's the second-to-last day of school, and everyone is excited. Well, except for the golden-eyed girl. She is dreading summer--each day spent in her room, as she's too anti-social to go out. But this year she's dreading it a little less. Her new friends promised to text and call each other, and there was also talk about a summer barbecue at Piper's house. But hey, it's life, and we all have a long road in front of us.

The bulky Asian boy isn't especially ecstatic for summer, either. Being cooped up in Grandmother's house isn't the best way to spend your summer, but he might be going to an archery camp. So who knows? Maybe his summer wouldn't be so bad, after all. Hopefully, he'd be busy chatting with his new friends.

The mechanic was excited to be attending a building camp, courtesy of his new foster parents. He looked forward to it, yet mechanics and technology also brought up sad memories. Memories of his mother, the fire--no, don't start again, his mind reminded him. He heard that the famous inventor Hephaestus might even be there! Haha, no. Mr. Hephaestus was his Workshop teacher, and although he would probably never be famous, Mr. Hephaestus was a celebrity in the Latino boy's eyes. He was the only teacher that the boy liked, and Mr. Hephaestus even went as far as to act somewhat fatherly to the boy.

Again, blah. Last chappie might be better though. READ ON!!! :D

-Silena