One-Shot Thingy

A/N: So... I lied. I said I would update today but I haven't been feeling the inspiration. Please PM me ideas or something, my inspiration vault has run dry. So, to somewhat make up for the missing chapter, I wrote this. It's very random and very blah. Enjoy! :D

Athens was a very well-known poleis back in Ancient Greece, but who knew of Atlantis? Nobody but the fishermen, who dreamed of moving there because of the bountiful supply of marine life there. Atlantis was a prospering city-state back when there was no Athens, simply a little city with poor villagers and hardly enough food.

The two city-states were also enemies. King Poseidon of Atlantis despised Queen Athena of Athens, and she returned the dislike. But your kingdom always comes first, so the two rulers agreed to form a marriage alliance with their children. Kind-hearted and loyal Perseus Jackson, prince of Atlantis, was to marry wise and intellectual Annabeth Chase, princess of Athens.

This tale is so well-known among the people of Ancient Greece as the traditional heartbreaking love story, yet nobody knew the real truth. So I shall take it upon myself to describe how everything happened-the real version of this popular love tale. You have been warned.

----------------oOo-------------

Annabeth Chase was not a very happy princess when she heard of the news. She vowed to ignore her new husband as much as she could, and only take it upon herself to talk to him if it were urgent. A small part of her brain warned her that she would regret this choice. But even with all the wisdom she had gathered over the years, Annabeth turned her back on this voice. Little did she know that the voice would be right. Oh, how right the voice was.

Soon the new couple was settled in their new castle. True to her word, Princess Annabeth never spoke to her husband, only a few muttered words whenever it was truly needed. She always turned her back and gave him the cold shoulder, yet never knew how much she'd regret it. However, whenever she did happen to see him, she felt a strange sensation in her heart. Another reason to keep away. So when war arrived upon the kingdoms, she never spoke of it to her prince. Not until it was too late.

When Prince Perseus (Percy) heard of the battle, it had already begun. He gathered his guards and rushed out the castle doors, striking down enemies left and right. As the battle went on, more and more casualties littered the grounds. Princess Annabeth only watched from the castle turrets as castle guards rushed out and began striking at their remaining enemies. She was bored of watching and so decided to go onto the battlefield and get a first-hand impression of the battle.

It happened to be the worst choice she could ever make.

Annabeth never saw the arrow being shot. She never noticed it until it was too late, and the arrow was whistling toward her. She was frozen in place, unable to move. Thunk. The arrow hit. Oh no, it didn't hit her. The princess never realized until a few moments later, when her limbs were functioning, albeit a bit shakily. Her supposed lover, Perseus Jackson, Prince of Atlantis, had just taken an arrow for her.

Suddenly, without warning, the cold and supposedly stone-hearted princess of Athens broke down. Too late did she realize that, despite her coldness, she loved the humorous, loyal, brave, and handsome prince of Atlantis. Too late, because he was already dead. 

Annabeth Chase didn't notice the blood on her dress. She only saw the pale face of her husband, the man who she never really got to know. And she regretted it. Oh, did she regret her initial choice of keeping away. Because of her supposed wisdom, Annabeth Chase of Athens lost the most important part of her life.

The castle guards later found the poor girl crying on the stone steps, wracking, guilt-filled, heart-wrenching sobs. She was hunched over the still body of the man she was supposed to love, desperately watching for any movement. But there was none. Perseus Jackson-or as he liked to be called, Percy Jackson-of the Atlantis kingdom was dead. Too late, she cried, I was too late.

A/N: Like? No like? How about the feel-o-meter? :D Was it heartbreaking enough? I just realized how hypocritical you guys must think I am... saying that I have no inspiration yet writing this story. No, I wrote this a few days ago but was too lazy to upload now.
If you have an idea for Make it Stop, PM ME RIGHT AWAY! Please. I NEED ideas. Thanks guys! :D

-Silena