Chapter 8

Cole's POV

Running my hands through my hair, I growl out in frustration. Out of all the situations that I have dealt with in the past, I had no idea how to handle this. I had a mate who had no idea what a mate was much less that it was me. Even with pack wars and rogues, this had to be the most difficult thing to do.

The other night, when I kissed her I thought it everything would change. That she would somehow realize that I was her mate and she would let me claim her. Unfortunately, after that amazing kiss, she decided that pansy blonde was more important. Why would the moon goddess do this to me? In werewolf culture, when mates found each other it was an instant connection and they were not separated from that time until death. Meet, mate, and have pups was the tradition. There wasn't much dating like in the human culture because it was pointless. Mates were made for each other and nothing could take that connection away.

"Ugh!" I rub my hands up and down on my face trying to get rid of the frustration.

"Alpha?" Sophia asks tentatively interrupting the million thoughts going through my head.

"What?" I asked roughly.

"Um." Olivia said from beside her, giving me a wide eyed look. I sigh.

"I'm sorry. What is it that you need?" I softened my tone and that seemed to ease the tension from the girls.

"I know it's difficult with your mate right now but we need to get started on the housing for the pack. If we do not start as soon as possible, it will take longer." Sophia said with a sympathetic look.

"And if we use our mates as the contractor then maybe you will be able to get closer to your mate outside of her gym." Olivia chimed in with a smile.

"I agree. No matter what, the packs' housing is the most important thing at this point. I can worry about convincing my mate later." I said.

"Besides, if we start with our mates first, they will be more understandable of our housing needs for the pack. Others will question it." Sophia smiled hopefully. They did have a point. If their mates were accepting of werewolves, they could possibly bring Bo around to accepting it instead of pushing me away. Which she seems to do constantly. Besides, my betas plan seems to be the most logical plan I have came up with so far.

"Okay, shall I call them or would you like to?" I ask with a brow raised.

"I will." Olivia and Sophia at the say time before looking at each other.

"Maybe you better call and set everything up Alpha." Sophia says and I smile.

"Of course. Would you please leave me so that I can get the plan started?" I ask.

"Yes Alpha." The chimed before turning to leave my office.

At the moment, we had a rental home about thirty minutes from our new pack land. We were constantly making long trips back to our pack to make sure everything was running smoothly and rogues had not caused any trouble. Keeping the pack safe was my number one job as Alpha. Keeping peace and promoting caring in the pack was the Luna's job, which since I have yet to officially announce one, and elderly woman had taken over that job. I couldn't help but wonder if Bo ever chose me that she would be able to fit into that role.

I quickly pick up the brothers' business card from the pile that I have accumulated over the past week. A few moments later, I was waiting for someone to answer as the phone rang.

"Wooden's construction. How can I help you?" A cheery voice asks over the phone after the second ring.

"Yes, my name is Cole Ryker. I am looking into building some houses. May I speak with Mark or Rafe please?" I ask nicely.