Chapter 5

Chapter 5

“How much is the membership?” A large, balding sweaty man stood in front of me staring at my chest between his large beak of a nose. The tiny shirt that he wore did not cover the hairy pot belly that protruded beneath it. Eww, why me?

Taking a deep breath, I responded with a forced smile. “$49.99 a month. Personal training is an extra fee, but all classes are included. There is a fully functional shower with lockers to store your items in while you use the uh, equipment.” 

“The gym in Lockhurst is $45 a month with all of that. Do you match prices or do I get a discount?” He asked, his beady eyes never leaving my breasts. I forced down the urge to shudder out of disgust. Maybe he should use the gym in the next town over and never step foot into this one again. 

“Sir, that gym is 30 miles away. The money you will be using in gas would more than make up the extra $4.99 that you will be spending here with a membership.” I hiss out, not knowing why I didn’t tell him to shove it and go to the next gym. It’s not like we were struggling and actually needed this man’s money. Hell, he would probably pay in rolled up quarters or pennies. Ha, I can just see his sweaty self rolling up the change that he dug out of his greasy sofa. That alone made me smile to myself, which must have come off as an invitation due to him moving closer.

“So with this membership, do I get special one on one time with you?” He hot breath blew into my face and I almost choke with the smell of rotten eggs it permeated. Taking a step back, I brace my legs apart and place my hand on my hip.

“Dude, if you think that I would lower myself to have any one on one time with you, you are fucking stupid!” I snarl at him, knowing at any minute that I may have to drop kick this son of a bitch in the face. The audacity of this fool!

“Woah there little lady! I was only thinking it would be nice if we could go out to dinner sometime. Get to know each other a little better, if you know what I mean.” He leers at me, eyes finally looking at me in the face.

“Get the fuck out of my gym!” I scream. 

“Now, that’s not a way to talk to a paying member. Why what would the other gym members think when they heard about this? I really think you would be losing a lot of business.” He threatens with a menacing gleam in his eye. I can feel the rage start to bubble within me, taking over. Breathing deep, I start counting to calm down. Ten. Breathe. Nine.

“We can forget all about this.” He smiles. Eight, breathe. Seven. “And go workout together.” Breathe, six. “I will give you the best workout you have ever had.” Five.

“Aw fuck this!” I hiss before throwing myself at him with my foot aimed at his ugly mouth. A second before my foot comes into contact with his face, I feel a familiar arm wrap around my waist and throw me over onto their shoulder. Well, that is one way to prevent bloodshed I guess. 

“What is going on here?” Jake firmly asks the man. Digging my elbow into his lower back, I rest my chin on my hand and wait for the excuses to pour from the dirtbag’s mouth. It didn’t take long.