Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Frustrated, I hit the bag harder feeling it bounce back with the strength of my hit. Damn people and their snarky ass remarks. If they were not paying customers, I would have knocked that dude flat on his ass. How dare he talk to me like that and grab my ass! If it wasn’t for all of Jake and my hard work, I would have. But of course, who would visit a gym if word got out that the owners were abusing their customers. Damn idiot!

“Did you know that when you don’t have a class that you are supposed to take a break?” Jake spoke behind me over the loud music that I had playing. “What you are not suppose to do is continue to work out and punch things.”

“Punching things is better than punching people.” I mutter as I hit the bag again. “Punching people lands you in jail, don’t you remember?” 

“Best night of my life.” He says, a smile in his tone. I turn around to glare at him.

“How was that the best night of your life? We both were drunk, at a bar, and don’t remember most of it besides landing in the back of a police car in handcuffs.” Everything from that night was fuzzy and I only remembered bits and pieces. One of the pieces involving the handcuffs.

“Oh, I remember. You kissed me that night, told me I was sexier than Barney the dinosaur and laid one on me. Best moment of my life until that guy pinched your ass and you beat the shit out of him.” Smirking at me, he moves closer to grab my hand and pull off one of the gloves. 

“I don’t remember that.” I laugh awkwardly. “You are making stuff up.”

“I am gravely wounded that you think me a liar, milady.” He replies in a fake British accent. “Only the truth is good enough for you.” Grabbing my other hand, he goes to remove the other glove. 

“Well, thanks I think.” I raise my eyebrow and look into his face. He was so weird sometimes but who had the time to go look for a new best friend. 

“Bo, I-” Jake goes to say something but I quickly interrupt.

“Oh, snap this is my song.” I scream loudly as “Drunk in Love” blared out of the speakers. Running over, I turn the volume up full blast. 

“Bo, cut that down.” Jake tries to yell over the speakers but I ignore him. Sometimes he really was a stick in the mud. 

“I been drinking, I been drinking.” I try to sing loudly over the music which was a total fail due to being born tone deaf. Then I start to move my hips and roll my stomach while bouncing my hips from side to side. “I been thinking, I been thinking.”

“What are you now, a stripper?” He yells. I turn to him and see a look on his face that borderlines pain and embarrassment. He really needs to loosen up, maybe dancing could help.

I dance up to him and turn my back to his chest while continuing to move my hips. He stands there stiff as a board while I do this. Not taking no for an answer, I grab his hips to move against mine as I belch out, “Baby, I want you, na na. Can’t keep your eyes off my fatty, Daddy I want you, na na. Drunk in love, I want you.”