Graduation.

There he was. Luke stood there with his graduation gown, in the hallway of his house. His mom stood there, crying happy tears and his dad made a picture of him.

"I'm so proud of you, Luke." His dad says, hugging his son and Luke let out a sob as he hugs his dad back. "Why are you crying, love?" He hears his mom say, and he lets go of his dad. "It's just that I hoped Calum would be here with me." Luke answers his mom. Luke's mom smiles at him, and just as Luke wants to ask his mom why, the doorbell rings.

Luke's eyes widen, and he rushes to the door. He opens the door, and there he is. His boyfriend of 3, almost 4 months, arms wide open. Luke yelps, and hugs Calum. "You're here." He whispers. "I can't believe it." He adds. "I can't miss my baby graduating now can I?" Calum whispers into Luke's ear, and Luke smiles into the hug. They pull away and Calum places a quick kiss on Luke's lips.

"Throw your backpack in the hall. We've got to go!" Luke's dad says, and Calum obeys. They walk to the car, sit down and drive away. "I'm doing a speech, because I'm one of the best students of my year." Luke says proudly, he knows exactly what he's going to say, "I'm proud of you." Calum says, and Luke lays his head down on Calum's shoulder.

"Are your bullies there?" Calum asks, clenching his fists. "Yes.. They got expelled just after exams, so they are going to get their diplomas." (Idk how this works but it fits the chapter) Calum's fist clench even more, and Luke notices. "You're not fighting them. When this is over, I'm moving with you to Melbourne. I'll never see them again." Luke says, and Calum sighs.

Luke has been happier since the end of high school came closer and closer, Calum noticed that. Every time they skyped Luke would actually wear short sleeves, he kept the promise for when he wants to cut, he calls Calum. He still wears the necklace, even now, under his graduation gown. He is happier over text, and he starts to love life again.

All because of Calum.

And Calum was happy he helped the boy. He never thought this would happen. Him falling in love with Luke. But it did, and he's more than happy that it happened.

"We're here! Luke, I know you don't like it, but you have to let go of Calum for the next few hours." Liz chuckles, and Luke groans. "Just a few hours, princess." Calum whispers. Luke nods, and steps out of the car. Calum does the same, kissing Luke. "Good luck with your speech. I love you." Calum says, putting on Luke's graduation hat. "Thank you, I love you too." And then he walks off towards the line for students.

Calum, Liz and Andy search for their chairs, them being 23th row. They sit down, and they wait for Luke's name to be called.

Every time someone gets called, Calum knows that they hurt Luke once, his hands form fists. Liz smiles fondly at her sons boyfriend. Knowing that Luke is in good hands when he goes to college.

"Luke Hemmings." The principal says, and Calum whistles. Liz and Andy clap their hands together as Luke gets his diploma, and steps forward to the microphone for his speech.

"Hello. I am Luke Hemmings. I'm allowed to do a speech because I am one of the best students from my year. And I want to tell you one thing: Fûck you all."

"I'm not saying this for nothing. I am not saying this to the teachers who have helped me, I'm saying this to the kids in my year and the ignorant teacher, and our prick of a principal. I've been miserable on this school. I had no friends, people pushed me around, got kicked and smacked daily. I have the bruises as evidence. Nobody helped me at all. The principal did not believe me, the ignorant teachers didn't, and the kids didn't stop. I'm fûcking happy I can finally leave this crappy place. Fûck you all, bye bitchès." Luke says, and Calum smirks. Liz laughs and Andy whistles, but the principal walks to Luke, his head red with anger.

"What are you gonna do, expel me? I already have my diploma, sir." Luke says, just hard enough for the sound to reach the microphone. Luke giggles, and puts his graduation hat on the principles head. He walks of stage, sitting down in his seat.

"That was awesome, princess." Calum says, kissing Luke on the cheek. Calum is proud of his baby boy. Luke just stood there, smiling like an idiot.

"Would you look at that,." A dark voice says. Calum turns around to see a dark brown haired boy standing there, next to the boy from the beach.

"How much did you pay him, Lukey?" Spitting out the nickname like it was a disease.

"He didn't pay me, asshole." Calum answers -what he guesses- Derek's question.

"Of course Lukey can't speak for himself, like the baby he is."

"Leave.Us.Alone."

"O, I just got started, Calum."

"How do you know my name?"

"Lukey here, told me. 'Calum will come and save me!' He always yelled at us. It was pathetic, really." Derek chuckles darkly and low.

"My boyfriend, is everything but pathetic." Calum says between gritted teeth.

"O, he is really your boyfriend, isn't he Lukey?" Luke nods, not able to say something.

"Little Lukey is scared." Derek sings in a scary way, it making Luke shiver. Derek set one step towards Luke, Calum immediately shoving Luke behind him.

"Protecting him again, hm?" The boy from the beach finally speaks up. Calum growls at him, and the beach boy scowls at Calum.

"Just leave Luke alone. What did he ever do to you?"

"He exists."

"That's just a terrible thing to say." Liz finally pops into the picture. She walks up to a very confused Derek and his brother.

"Hello. I'm Liz Hemmings."

"Hello, miss Hemmings." Derek says politely.

"Don't ever talk to my boy like that again." Liz says, and then hitting Derek right in the face with her fist. Derek yelps and Luke lets out a chuckle from behind Calum.

"That was sick mom." Luke says as he steps away from behind Calum. He hugs his tan kiss boyfriend, and kisses the boys cheek.

"I love you."

"I love you too, high-school graduate."

Where can I get myself a Calum. Like, for real.

O
And I've realized I've a crush on my best (guy) friend. FML

Bye Danique x