Chapter 4: I'm happy

Dipper's POV

The forest is my thinking place. Where I can somehow forget all my problems and think clearly.

I pace back and forth in the same path for the seventeenth time, but this time, I couldn't think any clearer.

"Why must all of this happen?" I grumble as I hit my forehead with my hand all over again. "Stupid, stupid, stupid."

"I wanted to tell her what really happened- but it's too risky." I debate with myself. "I just can't go walk up to her and say- 'Hey Pacifica, there was this tall cliff and you fell and died." I say in the most stupid tone that I could muster.

"Ugh- stupid." I hit myself once again.

Then out of nowhere, I hear a very familiar voice, the one that's makes my heart jump out of my chest. "Dipper?"

I turn and I see her, the girl who risked her life to save mine.

"P-Pacifica?" I stammer, "What are you doing here?" I ask, since what could she be really doing in the middle of the woods, when her mansion was already big enough to seek hidden secrets and solve some memories.

"I'm just taking a walk." She shrugs, "The forest is the only place where I can take off things from my head, and think clearly." She says as she walks towards an old log and sits on top of it. "Would you like to sit?" She asks as she pats the space beside her.

"Sure," I say as I sit at the empty space beside her:

Silence took all over the place and it wasn't an awkward one - It was comforting and calming. Like- I'm already content that we both are just sitting there, enjoying the view and silence.

"So- um, how are you?" She asks, breaking the tense atmosphere surrounding us.

I was startled a bit. "I'm good," I lie, considering the fact that I feel completely dead inside without the memories that we had together. "You?" I glance at her.

"Okay, I guess?" She shrugs and looks back at me.

"Are you sure? It doesn't seem like it." I look at her eyes, hoping that I would somehow really understand what she really feels as of now.

"Yeah," she plainly says. "I'm happy." She tries to put on a smile.

"No you're not," I look away. "If you were happy- you would smile until to the point where two dimples are formed and both of your eyebrows raised in amusement." I blurt out. The vision of her smiling flashed in my mind, reminding me of how it was breath-taking to see her smile alone.

"How would you know?" She raised an eyebrow at me while throwing off a fit of laughter. "You barely know my smile- especially me."

You have no idea.

_________________
Hello fellas! How are you today?

Two updates in a day? I must be in a very good mood then 😌

We'll here goes Chapter 4! I hope you liked it! Tell me about your thoughts about this chapter!

I'll be doing a QOTD again 😁

QOTD: Favorite color?

Lots of Love,
Agent Trigger