Diary of a Witch Princess Chapters 2-3

Chapter 2

*Recap*

"Thank You," turning around and expecting a maid to be the one who answered me. It wasn't. "Who are you?" I asked. The girl looked similar to me, same black hair, green eyes, slight figure, but I was taller and had sharper features.

"I'm your Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandmother, silly."

*Recap Over*

I stared at the girl like she was crazy, which she probably was, but she did look a lot like me. "As in Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandmother Selana?"

"The very one."

"Ummm... Ok, not to sound paranoid or anything, but you died in the eighteenth century."

She looked a little sad. "I did, but in the early nineteenth century when your Great-Grandmother was born, I was a spirit living in the castle."

"How did you die? The history books I studied that mentioned you only said that you ruled for eight months before your husband ruled."

"Mira, do you want to hear a story?" I nodded.

"Before I was born, there was a great war going on between our country and the country of Berindia, as you've probably studied. Which means you probably know that my father's only choice was to end the war by betrothing me to the son of Berindia's King Arnold."

"I heard he was an ass." I said.

"Oh, he was. But I had no choice. It was marriage for me or death for my people. So I married him and my parents stepped down from the throne. And eight days after our coronation, my husband and I found out I was a month pregnant. So I ruled by his side for those eight months and when I gave birth to our son, My husband poisoned me because he wanted the throne to himself. I died but my son lived as heir to the throne of Astranta, and as you know he overpowered my husband at the age of 16."

"Selana, or should I call you Grandmother?"

"Call me Selly."

"Ok, Selly, so what happened? That's obviously not the end of the story."

"Yes well I came back to the castle as a spirit. Nobody could see me though, as only the female descendents of the royal family."

"Why is that?" I wondered out loud.

"You don't know?" Selly looked shocked.

"Don't know what?" I was completely confused.

"That the female descendents of the royal family are all witches."

Chapter 3

My head spun and I gripped the edge of the desk for balance. "You've got to be kidding me. You mean witch like potions and spells and... magic? And I'm one too?"

"And your Mother and Grandmother and Great-Grandmother. Which brings me back to my story. After me there were no princesses, until your Great-Grandmother, of course. She could see me the day she turned sixteen. Our powers come at that age. And we get to look at the old prophecies to see what your dominant gift is."

"So what's my dominant gift then?" I asked.

"You have the power over the four elements, Fire, Water, Earth, and Air. It's a rare talent, but you do have a big accomplishment to fulfill during your lifetime."

"Wait what accomplishments?"

"Well, I can't exactly tell you that now, because you don't know everything, but you'll find out soon enough. "

"I have a feeling that I need to hear the rest of your story."

"It's called precognitions, kid. All witches have them. Thank goodness, too. It's great to have that gut feeling that there's something going on. I do need to finish my story though. So, as I was saying, Your Great-Grandmother could see me after her sixteenth birthday, and we became best friends. I could give her the best advice, seeing as I could find out everything. But, before her coronation, she told me that couldn't see how she would have time for me, so we stopped hanging out. She could see how unhappy I had become after that, so she gave me the choice of being put in a diary to assist any other princesses. I agreed, because I had read the prophecies and I knew that you would really need my help as you fulfilled your destiny. Only you can see me and talk to me. I know almost everything there is to know about anything, so I give the best advice. I'm happier in this form rather than a spirit. I have all my powers." She smiled and sat down on my bed.

"How do I access my powers?" I asked.

"Oh, you can't access any except your dominant power without training. To access your DP just place your palm towards something and think of what you want to happen."

"Ok." I held out my hand and a small flame appeared floating above it. "Way cool!" I breathed. I made a light breeze come and blow out the flame. Then I played around with the water from a glass, watching it swirl and twirl around in the air before using it to water a plant I conjured up on my windowsill.

"Ummm.... Mira, not to be a spoil-sport, but don't you have to meet a certain someone at a certain hideout in ten minutes?" Selly piped from my bed.

"Shoot!" I said and looked around quickly. I grabbed a small figurine of a tiger and headed to the door. "Are you going to come with me?" I asked.

"No, I think you should hear what he has to say alone." She said while fighting the small smile that was tugging at her lips. "Oh, and get me something to eat on your way back."

"OK, bye." I said and ran out the door. On the way to the garden I contemplated what Selly said.

When I got to the hideout I found Zach pacing in front of the door. He looked furious.

"What crawled up your ass and died?" I said. He looked up at me.

"Oh, Belle, I didn't see you come in." Zach was the only, and I mean only, person that was allowed to call me Belle, and I was the only one allowed to call him Ary.

"Ary, what's wrong? You seem anxious." I was really worried now. He was always happily aware. Of everything.

"I need to tell you something." He didn't bother to make sure I had my object.

"Anything."

"I'm in love with someone. "

"Zach, that's great!" There was something tugging at my heart, though. I ignored it. "Why is that a bad thing, though?"

He stare at me with a blank expression. "I'm marrying somebody else."