five.

Niall's hotel room was cold, a stark contrast to the sweltering Alabama heat right outside. The penthouse was nice, but by the looks of the town, this was the only luxury room available for miles. Niall wasn't complaining, but this definitely was pretty low on the totem pole compared to most of the other places he's stayed. But he appreciated the simplicity of the town. There were no skyscrapers, no interstate, not even an airport. Even the people seemed more easy-going here, less running around town and more hanging out by the river.

Just today on his little excursion around town, Niall noticed the insane amount of people on the water. Small motor boats towing kids in innertubes and teens on jet skis floated by constantly. Couples were enjoying each other's company on the rocks by the river bank. Toddlers ran around on the padded foam on the playground equipment that flanked the rocks while parents and grandparents chuckled and the small children's antics. And then there was the Ice Shack.

It definitely wasn't the type of place that Niall usually hung out these days, but if you're going to record with the locals you might as well eat like one, right? And that's when TIffany came into the picture.

Niall fiddled with the phone in his pocket as he sat on the balcony of his hotel suite. Looking out to the river below him, his thoughts shifted to Tiffany. She was the perfect All-American girl; long brown hair, blue eyes and just so damn normal.

He wanted to see her again, he was sure of that. But how could he take her out? He didn't know an inch of the town; where the hell was he supposed to take this girl?

His thoughts were interrupted when the cell phone in his jeans buzzed.

"Niall mate, how are ya?" Harry's smiling face popped up on Niall's screen.

"I'm good man. Great, actually."

"How'd the meeting go? Did you work out a deal with Rick?" Niall was confused for a minute before he remembered the meeting with the producers. He figured it went pretty well, given that he payed very little attention to Rick and probably too much attention to Tiffany.

"It was good. I think we can record in the next few weeks, but listen man, there's this girl and-"

Harry cut Niall off before he could finish.

"Niall, you know you can't be getting too attached to these girls. You're more sensitive than the rest of us, I don't want you getting hurt when you have to leave and she stays behind."

"I know mate, but this girl...She's really something special."

"Alright Niall, I trust you. But I'm gonna have to meet her when i come down there, gotta make sure she's good for you." Harry said with a wink.

Niall turned his phone over and over in his hand after Harry hung up. Then he grew a pair and texted Tiffany.

Mandy x