Owen Grady

I stand in the middle of the Innovation Centre auguring with a security guard. The noise is ear-splitting, everyone is shouting over each other and kids are crying. I feel a hand touch shoulder.
"Have you seen Eleanor?" Alan Grant asks.
"No. She was looking after those kids." I reply. "Claire's nephews, I think."
"I haven't seen her all day. She hasn't rung April either and normally she has lunch with her. I'm going to find Hoskins he might know where she is.
I scoff. "Hoskins?"
"Well, he seems really attracted to her. I think he likes her."
Got a bit of competition, have I?
"I guess I'll see you later." Alan walks off and soon he's mixed with the crowd.
I turn back to the security guard, but he too is gone.
"Jesus, shit." I mumble to myself.
Another hand touches my shoulder but this time it feels smaller and more feminine. The hand spins me around.
"Owen." Claire chokes, she's got tears in her eyes. "The boys are in the gyrospheres."
"I thought you closed that area?"
"I did but something must have gone wrong. They're still out there."
"Is Eleanor with them?" I ask.
"Yes, I think. She was looking after them."
God, if anything happens to Eleanor, I don't know what I'll do. Okay, I should come clean with myself: I have a huge crush on Eleanor. I think she's amazing and so strong, I mean with everything she's been through. But the sad part is, I know she doesn't love me back. Maybe, I am just better dating Claire again.
"Let's go."

I stop the car in the field that's meant to be filled with gyrospheres.
"Stay in the car." I tell Claire.
I grab my gun, swinging it onto my shoulder as I walk to the animal that is lay breathless in the grass. I bend down next to the diplodocus head and I stroke her soothingly. Claire gets out of the car and cautiously strokes her long neck. As I look down her body, I notice multiple deep bloody wounds. I cradle her head as she takes her last breath and slips away. Standing up I see a whole heard of dead diplodocus.
"She's not eating them ... She's killing them for sport." I choke out.
Claire takes a deep breath and gasps. We get back into the jeep and I drive us around a corner stopping at a clawed open gate. I drive through and we soon come to a smashed up gyrosphere. I get out of the car and Claire closely follows. I walk around the gyrosphere and a tooth of a carnivore sticks out of it. Using my knife, I wrench out the tooth and I push it into my pocket.
"They didn't make it out alive." She chokes holding back tears as she picks up a smashed phone.
"No, they did look." I point to tracks in the mud.
I follow the tracks until they stop at a cliff.
"Oh my god, they jumped." Claire goes pale. "Eleanor! Zach! Gray!" She shouts.
I hush her.
"They made it out alive, but we won't if you keep shouting like that. I'm dropping you off at the control room."
"No, I'm coming with you."
"Not in those ridiculous shoes you are not." I whisper, harshly.
She glares at me and unbuttons her blouse, tying the two ends together and rolls up her sleeves.
"What does this mean?" I ask her.
"It means I'm ready to go." She puts her hands on her hips.
Sighing I agree, well I guess I have to.
"Relax, it's just like taking a walk in the woods ... sixty-five million years ago." I mumble to myself.
I take a deep breath as she leads the way. I'm about to follow when I see a large footprint in the mud. The Indominus has been through here. I run and catch up with Claire.

"Do you have any idea where we are going?" I ask her.
She's about to answer when we hear a rumble of a car, not too far from us. I glance at her and we run towards the sound. It leads us to a garage.
"How did they get one of these things running?" I look at Claire, placing my gun by the side of the jeep.
Suddenly, we feel the vibrations of a large animal coming this way. I pull Claire next to me and we sit at the front of the car. I put my finger to my lips and poke my head round the side of the car. Immediately, pulling it back in when the jaws of the Indominus Rex come through the opening. The air fills with a disgusting smell of rotten meat and I hold my breath. Tears fall out of Claire's eyes as she squeezes them shut. The Indominus Rex sniffs the air and reverses from the garage. I look round the car again and I quickly scurry forward to grab my gun. Claire breathes out.
"That was a cl-" She starts.
Dust fills the room as the Indominus Rex breaks through the ceiling. I stand up and Claire runs out the door. I run one way and then I slide back over the bonnet of the car as the Indominus Rex pushes it into the wall. We sprint out of the building and into the trees. I stop confused but Claire keeps on running. She catches my hand and I pull her back.
"She's not following us." I run around the building and notice why. "Claire! She's following the helicopter."
She stands next to me and I grab her hand pulling her forward. She takes my radio from my belt and she calls Lowery.
"Who's piloting the helicopter?" She asks, bending over to catch her breath.
"Mr Masrani."
"What?"
"Have you found the boys?"
"No."
"Wait, are you chasing the dinosaur?"
"Yes."
The signal breaks and she slides it back onto my belt. I stop at the edge of a cliff and we watch the Indominus Rex crash into the aviary. The helicopter soon follows and crashes with an explosion into the aviary. I glance at Claire and she puts her head into her hands. I have just about caught my breath when I look up at the sky.
"Shit."
"What?" She asks me confused.
"Run!" I pull her arm yanking her into the tree line. "Duck!"
I push her down and I land on top of her; causing her to become winded. I protect her as Dimorphodon's and Pteranodon's swarm over us making their way to the main area of the park. I roll off her and we stay there, panting.

I grab a gun as we run onto the main path. The sky is filled with ugly flying dinosaurs. God, I hate these guys. I aim and shoot at a Petranodon that has lifted a man into the air. Claire stands on top of an upturned ice-cream truck looking for the boys. She spots them and waves her arms frantically trying to get their attention. Zach finally spots Claire and they make a break for her. Something's wrong, Eleanor's not with them. Claire's face falls as I shoot another Petranodon that hits the ground and nearly pierces them. Claire smiles at me in relief as I lower my gun. At that moment I feel sharp claws push me to the ground and as I roll over my eyes meet with the snapping jaws of a Dimorphodon. Its breath stinks like rotting fish and I try not to gag. Its snapping jaws get closer to my face and it opens its mouth to bite me. But the bite never comes. It's kicked off me and Claire shoots it, making sure it's dead. I take a deep breath of relief as I stand up. I grab Claire's waist and I kiss her.