Eleanor Grant

It's been six months now since April and I started at Jurassic World. She's now dating and living with Lowery and at first Uncle Grant was totally against the whole idea, but I managed to coax him around. Claire and I are very good friends and we have a good time playing tricks on Owen, who I sometimes call Gravy. I've warmed to Owen and I could say that we are now friends. I still don't like to rely on men but hey a woman can have her luxuries in life. My relationship with the Raptors is amazing apart from the fact that Blue and I are still fighting for Beta, but I'm winning. After all, I do live with the Alpha.

I walk down the stairs from the Raptor enclosure. Today I am determined to perfect hide and seek, Echo, Delta and Charlie follow orders fine but it's Blue who is the stubborn one. I'm about to reach the last section of stairs when I slip down them. I tumble to the ground but luckily someone catches me and helps me up. I peer into those cute green eyes that look me up and down. Owen.
"Hey, be careful, Nor-Nor." He sniggers.
I roll my eyes. Ever since I started calling him Gravy, he has been calling me Nor-Nor.
"It's those steps." I sigh.
He helps me up and pulls me into his muscular arms. I try to wriggle out of his grasp, but he's got me tight.
"I just saved you. Now, what do you say?" He cocks his head and grins. "Maybe a peck on the cheek?"
"Bite me! And you didn't save me." I stamp on his foot and he lets go of me.
"I'll leave that to Blue." He scoffs, but steps closer to me.
We stand there for what seems like ages and somewhere in the back of my mind I feel something for the tall, muscular man who's standing in front of me. I give him a rare smile.
"Hey, Owen, stay away from my girl." Hoskins chuckles, walking towards us.
"I'm no one's girl." I scowl, stepping away from Owen.
Hoskins grins and walks over to us. From the corner of my eyes, I see Owen tense up.
"I watched you up there, sugar. You had those animals eating right out of your palm."
I roll my eyes. God, I hate this guy.
"And soon they will be eating you." Owen scoffs.
"Imagine these beauties out in the field, we could use them as weapons. People say robots are the future weapons but as soon as a war breaks out that tech will die."
"Yeh, but those robots won't eat them if they forget to feed them." Owen snaps.
Shaking my head I walk into the security cage, closely followed by Owen. Blue walks up to the bars and when she spots Hoskins she growls. My phone beeps and I read the text; blocking out the loud, stupid conversation that Owen and Hoskins are having.

Hey, Eleanor.
Sorry to bother you, but I have a little job I need you to do. It would be a massive favour. Meet me at the control room in five.
Claire x

I put my phone back into my pocket and I leave the cage.
"Where are you going, sugar?" Hoskins asks.
"Don't call her that." Grady snaps.
"None of your business. Gravy, you coming?" I jog to the jeep, determined to get away from the Devil.

Owen drives me to the control room and when I get there I'm greeted by April. Owen goes and sits with Lowery and they talk about the whole deal with Hoskins.
"April, do me a favour. Go get Uncle Grant."
"Why do you call him Uncle Grant? It's Uncle Alan." She smirks.
"Lowery, what have you done to my well-trained puppy?" I shout across the room as April walks out.
I notice Claire sat with two boys in the corner of the room. I walk over to them.
"Eleanor, this is Zach." Claire points to a tall, dark-haired boy in a grey top, jeans and converse. "And this is Gray." She points to a smaller, shaggy-haired boy wearing a checked top, jeans and walking boots. "These are my nephews."
"Hi." I smile awkwardly as I pull Claire away from them. "What did you want me to do?"
"Please, can you keep an eye on my nephews? Just for today, while I finish some important work." She begs.
I huff. "You're using me as a babysitter?"
"Only for today, please."
Claire has done so much for me in the past. I owe her my life.
"Okay." I sigh.
She giggles and walks over to the boys.
"This is Eleanor and she will be looking after you. Just for today. Plus, what's better than having a Dinosaur expert to show you around the park?"
"What? You're not coming with us?" Zach asks.
"Sweetie, I can't. I'm really sorry. But tomorrow I will take the day off and I will spoil you rotten." She ends with a smile.
Claire kisses them goodbye and I signal for Owen to drive us to the main area of the Park, but Claire has plans for him.
"Actually Owen, I would like you to come and check out a new paddock. To check for vulnerabilities." She asks.
"Why me?" Owen sighs.
"Because Mr Masrani has told me that you can control the Raptors."
"See it's all about control with you people. But it's not, it's all about mutual respect. That's why you and I never had a second date." He laughs, and I can't help but snigger.
It's pretty clear the Claire still likes Owen, even if she does deny it.
She gasps. "Excuse me, I never wanted a second date!"
"Who prints out an itinerary for a night out?" Owen asks, smirking.
"I'm an organised person!" Claire exclaims, throwing her hands in the air and tucking a strand of red hair, which escaped from behind her ear, back.
"What kind of diet doesn't allow tequila?" Grady raises his eyebrow.
"All of them." She rolls her eyes. "And what kind of man shows up to a date in board shorts?"
"It's Central America, it's hot!" He grins.
Claire huffed, clearly annoyed. "Ok, ok. Can we just focus on the asset please?"
He stares at her shaking his head. "The asset? Look I get it. When you are in charge out here you gotta make a lot of tough decisions, and it's probably easier just to pretend these animals are numbers on a spreadsheet. But they're not. They're alive."
"I'm fully aware that they are alive." She mumbles looking at her nails.
He continues with his speech. "You might have made them in a test tube, but they don't know that. They're thinking, I've gotta eat, I've gotta hunt, I've gotta..." He punches his fist into the air three times. "You can at least relate to one of those things, right?" Owen asks, smiling.
Claire rolls her eyes and walks out of the room. Owen closely follows still smirking. I look around at the two boys.
"So, what do you want to do?" I ask them.
It looks like Gray's about to answer but something stops him. I look round confused. Uncle Grant walks in but lingers in the doorway when he sees the kids. He's not a fan of kids, especially after Tim and Lex.
"Are you Dr Grant?" Gray asks.
My Uncle nods and then ignores the kids.
"El, what did you need me for?" He asks.
"I was wondering if you could keep an eye on the Raptors for me."
"Hoskins been troubling you?" He asks.
"Yep, Owen has gone to look at a new paddock and I'm babysitting, so I thought that you could make sure he won't do anything that he'll regret or that will cause me to end up in prison."
"Sure." He walks out of the room.
"Uncle! Wait, just watch Blue, she's getting a bit cheeky." I shout after him.
I turn back to the boys and Gray stares at me wide-eyed.
"What?" I ask.
"Is Dr Grant your Uncle?"
I nod, and he high fives me.
"That's awesome sauce! I've read all of his books and I believe that Dinosaurs turned into birds." He grins. "Can we go see the T-Rex?"
"Sure."
I say bye to April and Lowery. Jeez, the two are so cute together. The way they stare into each other's eyes. Maybe that's how Owen and I would act if we went out. No! Eleanor, no romantic relationships in this job.

Gray runs ahead jumping up and down to try and get a better view of the T-Rex.
"Hey, wait up." I shout.
Zach grins.
"What?"
"Nothing. Anyway, I wanted to ask you something."
"Shoot away."
"Are you and Owen a couple? I saw him looking at you and you definitely blushed." He raises his eyebrow.
"No, he's strictly a friend. Plus, he went out with Claire, who is my best friend, so that would break the girl code."
"So, you do like him?" He claps his hands.
Talking to Zach has made me realise that I do love this man.
"It really pains me to say this but yeh, I guess I do have a small crush on him." I change the topic. "How about we go to the gyrospheres?"
He shrugs, and we run through the crowd chasing Gray. I am never having kids.