Chapter Fourteen

Isabelle awoke the next morning to find herself alone in Bradley's bed. She looked over at the alarm clock on the bedside table and saw that it was six-thirty. The house was silent so she knew that Sara must still be sleeping and Bradley must already be gone to the farm.

She felt a moment of disappointment because he hadn't bothered to wake her up and tell her goodbye but then she saw the folded piece of paper on the pillow next to her. She picked it up and opened it.

Isabelle,

Sorry I didn't wake you up, sweetheart. You just looked so peaceful and relaxed laying there I couldn't bring myself to disturb you. I did kiss you goodbye and you groaned and seemed to be completely annoyed as you slapped me away. Have I told you how damn cute you are? Anyway, I'll be late getting home tonight. Probably won't be there until about six or so. I will be missing you every second we're apart. I love you.

Bradley

PS. Tell Princess Sara I will buy her one hundred and fifty-five puppies if she will return the Barbie movie to the library and borrow one that has guns and cars in it.

Isabelle laughed as she pulled Bradley's robe back on and carried the note back to her room. She grabbed some clean clothes and went to the bathroom to clean up and get dressed. She walked into the kitchen and saw that Bradley had a pot of coffee brewed and the newspaper lying on the table for her next to a vase filled with purple wild flowers. There was another note lying next to the vase and she opened it.

Isabelle,

I saw these this morning when I was getting into my truck and I couldn't stop myself from picking them. I know that you're smiling right now and that's all I wanted.

Bradley

PS. Tell Princess Sara I will also buy her a kitten if the new movie has something to do with fishing as well.

Isabelle laughed again and sent up a prayer of thanks to God for this incredible man He had given her. She poured herself a cup of coffee and sat down at the table to read the paper for a while before she had to wake Sara up.

888

"Trisha don't laugh at me." Isabelle said into the phone with exasperation. "I should have called Chelsea, she would have helped me."

"Calm down, Isabelle." Trisha said between laughs. Isabelle nearly burst down in tears. The only thing that kept her from doing so was the fact that Sara was sitting at the kitchen table coloring.

"I wanted to make Bradley's favorite thing for dinner but then I realized I don't even know what that is!"

"Isabelle, it's ok." Trisha said trying her best to sound soothing.

"No it's not. He's done so much for Sara and I and I just want to cook him dinner…"

"Bradley's stomach is not hard to please. His favorite meal is steak and potatoes." Trisha said. Isabelle's tears quickly turned to laughter.

"Why didn't I realize that the cave man would like meat and potatoes the best?" she asked pulling some t-bones out of the freezer.

"See I told you it would be fine. I'm guessing you love my brother." Isabelle turned the oven on to preheat it.

"Yes." she replied. She could practically hear Trisha jumping for joy.

"And my brother loves you?"

"Yes." Now Trisha sounding like she was doing a back flip. Isabelle couldn't help but laugh at her excitement.

"I have to go now. I have to get dinner ready before he gets home." Isabelle said.