Chapter Thirteen

"I don't understand how the girl can watch the same movie four times in a row." Bradley said flopping down on the couch after helping Isabelle tuck Sara into bed.

"You'll miss Barbie when we leave." Isabelle said sitting down next to him. Bradley shook his head and looked into her eyes.

"You aren't going anywhere." he said matter-of-factly. "You are staying right here with me."

"Trisha was right. You're a cave man." she replied with a smile. She was seeing more everyday that Bradley was a very straightforward man who meant what he said and expected to be listened to. Normally that would bother her and make her wonder if he was safe for her and her daughter to be around but with Bradley it was different. She had not known the man long but she was already sure that he would never physically harm her or Sara. She wasn't so sure about her emotional safety yet… She supposed that would take time.

"Come here." he said holding out his arm and though Isabelle had never been the type to do as she was told she automatically curled up next to him and laid her head on his chest. He grabbed her hair tie and pulled it out freeing her auburn hair. He ran his hand through it and smiled when he heard her sigh happily.

"I need to talk to you about something." he said. Isabelle heard the seriousness in his voice and raised her defenses. Here it came… He was going to hurt her just the same as every single person in her life had before him.

"What?" she asked preparing herself.

"I don't think you should keep trying to hide from Natalie and Garth." he replied. 'That's not what I expected.' Isabelle thought.

"What?" she asked.

"I think you should call them and tell them where you are and let them know they are welcome to come down and see Sara." Isabelle raised up off his chest and scooted a few feet away from him on the couch. She looked at him as if he'd lost his mind.

"You are crazy!" she stated. "I told you what those people did to me and what they'll do if they find me here." Bradley scooted closer to her and smoothed her hair behind her ear.

"I will not let them take your daughter away from you sweetheart." he assured her. "I have a plan and I can promise you that they will never try to take her away again."

"Bradley you don't know those people. They are monsters." Isabelle replied and Bradley could see that she was nearly shaking with fear. He pulled her close and kissed her forehead.

"Okay, calm down. You don't have to make any decisions tonight but they do need to come so we can put an end to this. You can't move forward until you deal with them Isabelle. You don't want to have to be looking over your shoulder your whole life do you?" Isabelle sighed and shook her head.

"I need to go take a shower." she said and Bradley knew she just wanted time away from him to think. He nodded and stood up.

"I'm going to go get some sleep. I gotta get out to the farm early tomorrow."

"Why do you work on your fathers farm?" Isabelle asked eager to get the focus off her herself and her problems. Bradley shrugged.

"Because he's my dad." he replied as if that was all the explanation that would ever be needed. "Goodnight Isabelle. You know where I am if you need anything." he added and walked away to his room. Bradley wanted her in his bed more then he had ever wanted anything in his life but he knew that she had a hard time trusting and believing in him and he was not going to push her. He figured when she was ready, if she decided she wanted to be with him in that way she would come to him.

888

Isabelle stepped out of the shower and as she was brushing out her wet hair she stared at her reflection in the mirror. She knew that Bradley was right and she needed to stand up to her in laws once and for all. The only question was did she trust him enough to place all her faith in him. She was surprised when a single word popped into her mind. YES.