Chapter Two

"We're there." he said to Sara who was busy singing 'Old McDonald' at the top of her lungs. They walked up the graveled driveway and Sara sighed when his log house came into view.

"Is this your house?" she asked. Bradley nodded.

"Yea." he replied.

"Finally." she said. They walked into the house and Bradley led her through the small entry way and into the living room. He flipped the light on and then laid Isabelle down on the couch in front of the fire place. She moaned as he laid a blanket over her and he took it as a good sign. At least that meant she was responsive. He had seen a few real bad head injuries in his life and he didn't think that hers was one of those.

Just then Sara yawned in a loud and dramatic fashion and Bradley looked over at her. He suddenly felt awkward with the little girl in his house. No kid had ever been in this house before and Bradley had never expected for one to be.

"Are you tired?" he asked. Sara nodded.

"Yes. We just walked a mile!" she exclaimed. Bradley chuckled.

"I got a spare room down the hall you can sleep in." he said. She crossed her little arms over her chest.

"Badley, I need pajamas." she replied matter-of-factly. Bradley scratched his dark blond hair. He was fresh out of little girl pj's.

"Hold on, princess Sara. I'll be right back." he said. He left her standing next to her mom in the living room and walked down the hall to his own bedroom. He pulled a plain gray t-shirt out of his dresser and shrugged. It would probably make the girl a dress but it was the best he could do.

He carried it back out to her and she took it from him and then stood there looking up at him.

"Uh… You do know how to dress yourself right?" he asked feeling a little bit of panic. He didn't know the first thing about taking care of a kid. She nodded.

"I'm almost four." she replied matter-of-factly. "But I don't want you to watch me." Bradley shook his head. He didn't want to watch her. He was sure there were laws about that kind of thing though he wasn't sure what they were.

"Follow me." he said and led her down a long hallway to the bathroom. He flipped the light on and she walked in. He was about to shut the door to leave her alone in the room when another thought struck him.

"Um… You are potty trained right?" Sara nodded.

"I'm not a baby." she said. He nodded.

"Right." he replied and quickly shut the door and walked back out to the living room. He picked up the phone off the table by the couch and dialed his older sisters number.

"Hello?" Chelsea's sleepy voice came over the line after several rings.

"Hey Chels, I need your help." he said. Chelsea sighed and he knew his sister enough to know she was running her hand over her face and looking at her bedside clock.

"You do know some of us have to get up early in the morning and go work real jobs, don't you." she demanded.

"Aren't you going to ask me why I'm calling you this late at night?" he asked.

"Why are you calling me this late at night?"

"There is a woman on my couch that was in a car accident and hit her head. She passed out and I need you to come check on her." he replied. He could practically hear the doctor gears start turning in her head.

"What is her pulse? Is her breathing normal and are her pupils responsive? Is she….." Bradley cut her off.

"You're the damn doctor in the family just come check on her." he snapped.