Clown in a Tutu

Mother continues to speak about what is expected of me as my coronation for the next king that is this weekend. It has been a busy week so far. After what happened in the dinning hall, I've been prepped for the next king. I already know what is expected of me. The rogue king has prepared me since I could first remember, but they are worried that I'll somehow fuck it up.

I'm not one for fancy clothing or elegant balls, but that has been what seems like are the only things I do now.

If people think I'm going to sit back let others do my battles and not participate in them, then they have another thing coming.

I'm a warrior, not a damn politician!

Leaning back in the chair that is in mother's office, I try to focus on her voice, but her words just blends together.

No matter how hard I try to focus my hearing, I just can't bring myself to actually listen.

As the seconds tick by, it feels like an eternity until mother notices that I'm not even paying attention, so she dismisses me.

I have to stop myself from hurrying out of the room, walking at a brisk pace, I step out of the room. Before the door closes, mother's voice causes me to pause.

"Zephyr, I'm ecstatic to have you back." Mother tells me.

Not glancing back at her, I let the honesty ring in my voice. "I'm glad to be back, and to be a apart of you. I always admired you growing up, of course I couldn't tell anyone."

Mother chokes, her voice thick with tears. "You admired me?"

Twisting my body to her so that I'm facing her, I smile softly. "Yeah, from the stories I've heard about you. How you lead your warriors to battle. You are so much different from the queen I grew up with."

"What... What was she like?" The emotional queen ask quietly.

"She's cold and demanding. Everything has to be perfect, there's no joy with her, a dark cloud follows her. You're nothing like her, a light surrounds you. I see the regret and pain in your eyes when you look at me. You blame yourself for me being taken, for me not growing up with you, father, and my siblings."

Mother stands from her chair, taking steps towards me. When she's in front of me, she wraps her arms around me, holding me tightly.

Loving the feeling of warmth and love only a mother has. I do the same to her.

We hold each each other tightly, taken in each other's scents. It feels so amazing feeling wanted by my parents. I don't feel like I have to win their love and acceptance. I already have it.

Mother pulls back first, her hands cupping my cheeks. "Explore the castle, take Marika and Zeven with you. They've been wanting to spend time with you, but I've taken all of it."

I nod, pecking her cheek lovingly, I turn to go find my siblings. Finding their recent scent, I follow it to the chamber where the royal family including myself lives.

Knocking on the door that has a cursive M in the famous color all little girls seem to love. It opens to reveal my little adorable sister and brother playing Tea Party at a little pink table surrounded by all kinds of stuffed animals.

I hold my stomach, laughing hard with tears streaming down my cheeks as I see Zeven with a plastic crown on his head wearing makeup that makes him look like a clown, and wearing a purple tutu.

Marika must of not liked me dying of laughter at Zeven, for she screams in annoyance. "Hey! Don't laugh! Bubba's playing with me!"

Wiping my tears on my sleeve as my laughter dies down. I bend down to Marika's height.

"I'm sorry I laughed. He looks very gorgeous wearing clown makeup and a purple tutu." As I state my words, I regret it immediately for her eyes gleam with mischief.

Grabbing my hands, she pulls me to a chair in front of a movie star mirror with all kinds of little girl makeup.

"You are going to play with Bubba and me. If you run, I will make it much worse. There's no use in escaping." I believe every word she speaks, how else would she get Zeven to agree with this.

Painting my face, I scowl the whole time, after my face is transformed into that of a clown, she then runs to her closet and pulls out a bright blue tutu.

Sighing, I take the stupid tutu, and put it on. Marika giggles, guiding me over to the table.

Taking a seat on a miniature chair, my mischievous little sister hands me a tea cup filled with real tea and a plate of mini cakes.

Zeven with a satisfied smirk, chuckles. "You're an absolutely gorgeous clown with a tutu."

"I make it look good." I send a wink and smirk his way.

For more than a hour, we play the most boring game to ever be invented. Oh why, goddess why do little girls like playing Tea Party?

Not having much patience, I'm very surprised at myself for lasting this long. Usually when I'm bored at what I'm doing, I drop it, then do something else, but I don't want to hurt my baby sister.

Marika finally doesn't want to play anymore. Like fire licking at my feet, I run to her bathroom to wash off this embarrassing face makeup.

After scrubbing my face clean, I take off the tutu, handing it to Marika. She puts the tutus up in her closet, then grabs by hand along with a clean Zeven's to pull us to the dining hall for dinner.

Marika chirps away, not even caring if we respond or not. Reaching the dining hall, she screeches, running over to father.

Father hearing his little girl, opens his arms, she collides with his chest. "Daddy! Bubba and ZeZe played... "

Before she could finish her sentence, Zeven and I stop her with our shout out.

"Mari! You can't tell people that we played that game with you!" Zeven glares, just he doesn't have any anger in his eyes.

"Why not?" Confusion laced her voice.
"Because we're men, and men don't let other men know what kind of games they play with their adorable little sister." Zeven answers in a know it all voice.

Marika giggles, but that doesn't hide the mischievous gleam in her eyes. "10 bucks."

"What?"

"10 bucks and I won't tell." Her face lights up with a smirk.

Groaning, Zeven pulls out his wallet, and puts a crisp 10 dollar bill in her hand. Marika then raises her eyebrow, waiting for me to hand her another.

Taking out my wallet, I remove a 10 dollar bill, and set it in her hand. Marika pockets the money, and smiles up at us with a gorgeous smile. "It was a pleasure doing business."

Giggling, she skips away from us to her chair. "Bro, I'm never playing with her again. I'll go bankrupt."

Zeven smirks with a know it all expression. "Like you have a choice in the matter."

"You must know from experience." We walk over to our chairs, sitting, we have dinner with the buzz of voices all round.

I feel lighter, like there isn't an invisible force in battle with me. Being with the rogues, I was nothing but a puppet, only staying there because I thought I had a duty to my fake parents.

Being here in the royal court, I don't like all of it, but mostly I do. I love the the family I have. Mother and father with there warm smiles and attitudes. Zeven being the little brother I've always wanted, even though he's bigger than me. And Marika with her cute little giggles and smile that can melt the heart of even the coldest man.

Now I just have to decide what to do with Alpha Ailan. Do I accept him? I want to, but if I'm completely honest with myself, I'm scared.

I know that when we mate, a child will be conceived, and I'll be the bottom. Being pregnant scares me, I'll have to be very careful. Knowing me, I'll harm my baby.

Life sure is difficult.