9

Hey guys! I feel like I haven't updated this story in forever! I really missed writing!

I just wanted to quickly say that from now on I'm going to start doing points of view because I feel like you really get to know the character if it's in his or her view of the story.

So yeah, I hope you enjoy this chapter <3

---

Alex's POV:

It was just another Monday in summer. It was hot outside so you'd spot most kids at the mall. Me and Josh were walking together headed to the video games store. We walked in and Martin, the guy who works there, greeted us.

"Hey Josh, Alex," Martin had the biggest and cheesiest smile plastered on his face. It was always so annoying to me! But, hey, the guy thinks were friends with him. Meaning, we could use that to our advantage. Usually, the video game store sells video games two months after they arrive. But, when you have a friend like Martin, you always get them before.

"So, what're you dudes lookin' for?" Martin asks as he sticks his hands in his pockets.

"The new call of duty game," Josh says.

"Oh, dudes, were not selling it yet. Bummer." Martin replied looking down sadly at the floor. I didn't do or say anything knowing where this would go.

"Just kidding! Ha-ha! You know you dudes are always a exception! C'mere!" He laughed grabbing our shoulders and walking us to the room behind the cashier.

We walked in to the dark room. Martin flicked a light switch causing the room to light up. Now that I can actually see, I notice that the room is full of shelf's that are full of, you guessed it, video games.

"Hmm...call of duty, call of duty..." Martin mumbled to himself as he searched through a shelf, "bingo!"

He handed us the game as me and Josh exchanged excited looks. This was it! We were going to have it before any other kids in our town did! Our excitement died down once Martin told us the price...

---

I groaned as me and Josh walked out of the video game store empty handed, "why did the prices have to go up?" I yell. Josh just shrugged as we continued walking. My anger faded away once I spotted a certain girl. I left Josh and started walking over to her.

"I missed you." I said as I smiled at her. She looked up at me her eyes watering, as If she was hurt. I furrowed my brows.

I was about to ask her what was wrong but she opened her mouth first, "jerk!" She yelled and gave me a hard shove. I hit the floor. As I got up, I felt the pain on my butt. Damn that girl can shove.

"What the hell is the matter with you?!" I snapped. I knew I shouldn't have been rude like that, but she almost broke my butt! I had the right to snap at her like that.

"Me? Your asking me? What's the matter with you! I thought you liked me!" She kept yelling causing a bunch of people to turn and stare at us. But I didn't care, I was really confused. What was she talking about?

"Huh? What are you talking about? I do like you." I didn't know what was going on. But I just wanted to end it. I like her. Why would she think I didn't?

"Yeah right." She mumbled before turning around and walking away. I didn't bother going after her. She was clearly upset. But at least I know that I didn't do anything wrong. Right?

---

"Come on dude, you love vending machine ice cream!" Josh said. He was trying to make me feel better, I get it. I grabbed the ice cream cone from him blankly. I was thinking of what happened with Tara, trying to think of something I did to her that made her mad like this. There were many things that I've done in the past that were jerk like. But I never did anything to Tara. I'm sure of that. I would never purposely try to hurt her. I liked her way too much. She should've known that. Maybe it's because she doesn't feel the same way. She made that up just to get rid of me. My heart started aching just by thinking that. But as much as it hurt, it was the only logical reason I found. So, it must be true.