Chapter 1...

It was the warm summer of 1999 when Draco Malfoy decided to sell his soul to the devil. The sun was beating down on him, constantly reminding him of his father who was right now dying of lung cancer. Back in the day, Draco's father was the best wizarding racer to ever touch down in Great Britain itself but to Draco, Lucius Malfoy would always be his father. His father was always one to encourage smoking in his family but Draco could see that it was slowly destroying him. Lucius Malfoy, though, wanted nothing more in his life then to have his own son, Draco, carry on the Malfoy legacy. So, from a young age, Draco was taught how to race cars and when he was old enough, Draco taught himself how to fix those cars. Draco thought never really loved cars though, it was the two wheeled hell on wheels that caught his attention and his girlfriends.

It was their final year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry that they met "officially." They never were friends nor acquaintances, in fact, they were enemies. But after the Great Wizarding War in which both had fought on separate sides, they came to understand the other. Soon enemies turned to studying partners which turned into friends which turned into never leaving each other's side and finally they became what they were today, boyfriend and girlfriend. Unfortunately, they had a fall out like other couples and never saw of each other until five years after Graduation.

The day they met again was forever engraved into each other's minds like their final words to each other. It was the National Car and Motorcycle Racing Convention in Austin, Texas, the one that Draco and his father had prepared for a very long time. The Malfoy's were showing off their skills against the other racers who were wizards and could not race in the Muggle Nascar Races.

Draco was winning his first race of the day when he saw her, standing behind the metal fence that protected the on lookers. She held onto it with one hand and she stared at him, her midnight like brown eyes sparked with recognition. Her rich dark chocolate curls waved at him in the distance. Her distraction had caused his heart to race faster than ever and his foot pressed harder on the gas pedal. He breezed past his opponent in a single curve and he walked over the finish line.

That night, after he was done racing, Draco decided to clean up his car in the shop that was assigned to the Malfoy's for the race. The electric lights above were harsh and caused black shadows on the engine of his hood so he could barely see a thing. He had reached in to the engine to tighten the spark plugs on the engine when he heard the sound of a pair of flat soled sneakers which caused him to smile. He saw her pair of well-worn Converse from the corner of his eye which caused him to chuckle. He looked up when she came close enough and wiped his greasy hands on his red, now slightly brown, bandana. His silvery grey eyes connected with hers for only a moment before he looked away, not wanting her to see how effected he was by her presence.

"Malfoy," she said a small taste of venom upon her lips.

"Hey," he said and glanced behind her to see if anyone was with her, "What are you doing here?"

She began to giggle and he realized how much he missed that laughter, "Funny question actually," he watched her as she began to walk around his black dust rimmed Bugatti Super Sport. It was a smooth looking car, the top of the car stopping at his stomach. The windshield was like a wave, tilting backwards across the cool metal of the car, a tinted glass wave. The lights on the front of the car were like smaller waves and followed the same fashion as the glass.

Draco's ex wore a pair of warn out blue jean shorts and a American flag printed flowy tank top that seemed to drip off her body, "I'm here with my boyfriend," with that one word, Draco tried not scream curses that even Merlin and Morgana would have blushed at, at the man who had taken his place, "He rides but I must say," she chuckled, "Clearly, you ride better," he tried not to smirk with pride on that comment.