Chapter Six - One Big Happy Family

New chapterrrr. Now I think you should know guys that I don't think this will be a long story, maybe fifteen chapters but I'm writing slow because like I said Senior year is a bitch.

Vote, Comm, Enjoy :D

-------------------------------------------

"Are you sure you want to do this? You could always talk to the teacher to make you switch partner" Jack said as he Alexandra to Max's house. He hated to see the effect that asshole had on her. He was dying to know why anyone might hate Alexandra. And though Alexandra believed she was mistaken he had a feeling she wasn't.

"I can't. Mr. Valory is really strict about these stuff. I'll just get the essay over with okay? I'll survive." she looked up at the house she spent so many days in when she and Max became still friends "Are you sure you don't mind picking me up?"

"Of course I don't, we're going to get pizza after anyway, it would be unreasonable to go in two cars. Think of the planet Andy" Alexandra laughed an hugged Jack. "Don't hesitate to call me if you feel uncomfortable okay? I'll be here in a heartbeat."

"Thank you" she said as she pulled away and adjusted her bag "Wish me luck" She turned around and walked to the door. Jack didn't move even when she knocked.

Max opened the door knowing it was Alexandra. He was excited and anxious, he had missed her, missed hanging out with her. But he knew it wouldn't be the same, she wasn't his friend now, he blew it. But he sure loved seeing her standing in his doorway. He was about to tell her to come in when he caught sight of Jack standing at the end of his driveway, glaring daggers in his direction.

He narrowed his eyes and felt his anger surface. Jack nodded toward Alexandra and the warning was clear in his eyes but that did nothing but fuel Max's anger. Who did he think he was being protective of her. That asshole that was going to ruin her.

"Come in, Alexandra" he said in a cold voice, without noticing the small grimace Alexandra made as she side-stepped him and walked into the house. Max shot one last glare to Jack before closing the door and looking at Alexandra "I don't understand why the hell you're friends with him" the words came out harsher than he wanted them to but he was just so mad. He kept imagining his Lexi on the floor dead of an overdose, or shot or any other stuff Jack's gang got into.

"Let's start" Alexandra muttered and timidly gestured to Max to lead her to the living room. The formalities were chocking Max but he walked her to the living room anyways. They sat down on the couch and Alexandra pulled out her laptop, the story and a few sheet notes.

"it's supposed to be an argumentative essay. So we need two points of view on the main characters." She hated her voice for being so timid, and lw but she couldn't help herself "So, uh, let's start with Katherine"

They went like that for about an hour, writing notes and trading opinions and tough Max loved hearing her talk to him again he wished it wasn't just about schoolwork. There wasn't any playful banter or jokes in the mix.

Two hours later they were almost done and agreed to meet another day to take care of any loose ends. Alexandra was putting her stuff in her bag when Jeremy walked in. "Alexandra? What are you doing here?"

Alexandra froze, she didn't expect to see Jeremy but she forgot they had apparently made amends. "I-I.."

"English project" Max stated. Jeremy nodded but kept his eyes on Alexandra. She was fidgeting, and obviously uncomfortable. 

"Is that Alexandra?" A voice from behind Jeremy said and a few moments later. Max and Jeremy's mom Tory walked into the room and immediately hugged her "I haven't seen you in so long, how have you been?"