Chapter Twenty-One.

Finn’s Point of View.

       As sorrow washed over me like a tidal wave, my knees shook and eventually gave out, causing me to crash to the ground. My hands weaved through my hair, tears starting to free flow from their ducts.

     She rejected me. She said she didn’t feel anything—nothing.

     I replayed her dialoge in my head, every word causing my heart to shatter into tiny pieces. My body shook, sobs assailing me. My chest felt hallow, as if a piece of me was missing. And there was. 

     The tears left hot, wet trails. I thought I was changing her, that she was becoming a different person. But I was wrong, so wrong. She fooled me. Inside my brain; my Wolf whimpered for our loss.

     My stomach clenched as another sob shook me. I was curled on the ground, holding my head with my hands. I replayed the image of her walking out, the sound of the door shutting behind her echoing through the empty halls. My heart thumped in my chest painfully, and I wished it would stop altogether.

     Through my heaving, a hand landed on my shoulder. I sensed that it was Dad. Anger bubbled in my veins. Smacking his hand off of me, I stood erect, staring down at him.

     “This is your fault,” I growled. My hands shook, but only because furry seized them. “She could be here right now! But you stopped me!” I shoved Dad back, my eyes feeling numb as they changed color. A deep growl vibrated through my ribcage, and inside my mouth, I felt my teeth grow into sharp points.

     “It wasn’t my fault.” He was calm, which made me see red. “She didn’t want to be here, Finn. Would you want her to stay against her own wishes?”

     “I could’ve talked to her!” Although Dad was right—I didn’t want Rebel to be miserable here—I was still angry with him. My muscles flexed, my Wolf growing closer to the surface. The claws teared through the skin of my palm, which had balled in anger.

     “Finn, calm down.” Dad took a step forward. “You aren’t thinking straight.”

      Growling lowly, my eyes narrowed. I didn’t want to shift on my father, but it was almost inevitable. I was heartbroken and angry. And for that reason, I charged at him.

     But Dad was older and wiser, and he managed to easily side step out of my path. He turned his upper body expertly, grabbing my shirt and throwing me to the ground.

     I hit the wooden floor with a loud thud, gaining the attention of the house. My grown nails had etched claw marks on the ground as I locked my jaw, the bones underneath my skin started to remold, but I held back the shift. Swiftly standing, I faked to Dad’s side and he tried to side step me once again; but I was expecting it.

     Before he had a reaction time, I caught his movement, my hands fisting his shirt before I threw him against the wall. It cracked under my strong force. In the distance, the sound of running feet met my ears and I knew I had little time to finish the battle.

     “You’re the reason she’s gone!” I exclaimed. “You stopped me and let her leave! How could you do that to me? My…My mate—gone. Forever. Because of you!” I pushed Dad into the wall further, and I felt satisfaction upon seeing a moment of discomfort cross his face.

     Dad didn’t reply as other pack members pried me off of him. They held my arms as I tried breaking away. I was strong, but not stronger than seven of them. Once they had a tight grip of me and were positive that I wouldn’t get away, Dad fixed his shirt.