Chapter 24

hello everyone :) Happy Friday!! or as my Spanish teacher says, "Viva la viernes!" (Which means long live Friday... yeah she's kinda crazy)... I hope you like this new chapter please please please comment!!!! i will love you forever <3

DARCY’S P.O.V.

            “Just… please. Don’t do anything stupid,” I told Beau as we stood on my front porch steps before we walked inside. He stood at least two heads taller than me and I tried to fix his shirt so that it wasn’t wrinkled.

            “Now would I do anything stupid?” Beau laughed a little bit and showed me his breathtaking smile. I sighed and turned to the door, not answering him. I opened it and he followed behind me. At around this time, my dad would be sitting at the kitchen counter, drinking a mug of tea, and reading a magazine with his reading glasses on.

            I was never this nervous around my dad when I was with Javaad. I guess it was because he actually knew Javaad. I just really didn’t want Beau to mess things up in front of my dad.

            “Hey Dad,” I smiled as I walked into the kitchen to give him a hug. He pulled back and looked at Beau.

            “Who’s this?” he asked, keeping an arm around my waist.

            “This is…”

            “Beau,” Beau filled in with a smile. My dad looked skeptical but he put his hand out for a handshake.

            “We’re friends,” I said quickly before my dad could draw any conclusions. He studied Beau as Beau looked at me. “I met him through Javaad…”

            “Oh, alright.”

            “I play soccer with Javaad, so we’re pretty good friends.”

            I swallowed hard and looked down at the floor. “What position do you play?” my dad asked casually, taking another sip of his tea. He kept his arm around my waist with no intention of letting go.

            “I’m the center defender,” Beau answered nicely. I took a deep breath and looked up at my almost-boyfriend. What was I even doing? Why did he convince me to let him meet my dad? The two continued talking about soccer and my dad didn’t let me go.

            When there was a pause, my dad looked between the two of us. “Is this who you’re always hanging out with?” he squeezed my side and shrugged a little bit.

            “Yeah…”

            “And you’re not dating, are you?” he questioned, seeming to become a little more protective over me. “You’re too young.”

            “Dad…” I mumbled, embarrassed that he’d actually say that.

            “No Mr. Styles, we’re just friends and nothing more,” Beau lied easily in front of my dad with a small chuckle. “Darcy is a great friend.”

            My dad looked at me and I nodded a little bit, looking up at Beau.

            “I should probably be getting home, I have soccer practice tonight,” Beau said and I wiggled out of my dad’s grasp. I walked him into the foyer after he said a goodbye to my dad. “I’ll text you, okay?”

            I looked up at Beau and exhaled. He actually liked me. I forced a smile. “Yeah, sure, I’ll be waiting for it.” I opened the front door and closed it behind me as I stepped onto the front porch so that my dad wouldn’t overhear us.