Chapter Eleven: Explanations

Above: Emma Roberts as Kendall Hanks.

"Jackson Matthews? Boy have you changed.", Will said.

I shoot a dirty look at Will.

"Jack are you okay?", I ask, walking over to him.

"Uhh.."

"Cat got your tongue?", Will said teasingly.

"Will! Stop it! Go away!", I tell Will.

He never knows when to stop. Can't the guy get a clue?!

"What's going on?", I finally say after a few minutes of silence.

Jack looks really uncomfortable.

"Wait. You haven't told her?", Will said sounding surprised.

"No.", Jack whispered.

I am so confused right now. What is Jack hiding from me. Is this mysterious secret the reason why Jack ran away from me when I told him Will was just fifty yards away? Or maybe this is why he didn't kiss me in his car.

"What the heck is going on here?", I ask, demandingly.

Will just smiles.

Jack looks petrified.

And I look confused as hell.

"Would you like me to tell her for you?", Will asks tauntingly.

"Please. Don't. And you shouldn't be talking either. It's your fault in the first place.", Jack says, making Will shut his mouth into a frown.

This is so stupid. I'm mad at Jack for not telling me everything when I told him everything. I'm mad at Will for being such an idiotic jerk face. And I feel so done with this situation.

I'm just really annoyed.

"You know what? Fine. Tell me or don't. I'm not going to stay around for this crap. I'm going to go on some rides, have fun without you two, and take a taxi home. I'm done with this.", I say, turning on my heel and walking to the nearest roller coaster.

"Kendall. Wait.", Jack protested from behind me.

I ignored him. I was so so very done with his secrets.

I will just put him out of my mind for now. I will just relax and have fun. Drama free style.

I got onto a ride without a line, which was "The Tower of Doom". The "Tower of Doom" was a super tall tower that took you to the top and dropped you, free of gravity, to the ground and then back up again.

I soon realized that my choice was a mistake.

After being strapped in and taken to the top of the tower I freaked out.

I was never afraid of heights, but looking down I was scared. I could see everything. I could see the entire park. The park that is the largest in America. And I could see the skyscrapers. And we were equal height to the skyscrapers too. I could see everything.

And that was terrifying.

And to make things worse.... we dropped.

My stomach felt like it fell out of my body. I couldn't breathe. A strangled scream escaped my throat as we dropped.

I wanted to yell for the guy who was running the ride to stop, but I couldn't speak.

All I could see was the gum covered pavement as I plummeted toward it.

The wind whistled in my ears because we were dropping so fast.

Then it went back up. And back down.