Chapter 2

To think back on that day, just a month ago, it's alien to me now. It's like watching a film or reading a book about someone else's life. To think that it had in fact been my own life probably upset me most. How could someone go from being reasonably happy, carefree and full of life to this? Well, obviously I knew how, but it still upset me nonetheless. I was a shell of my former self, a self I hadn't really realised how I happy I was with until it was taken from me.

I was supposed to be going swimming with my friend that night, straight after school. To think I'd spent ages convincing her to come with me, so I wouldn't have to go alone, for it all to be wasted. I had really been looking forward to it too, and all that excitement was wasted too. I never got to go swimming that night. And I never got to see my friend either.

The swimming pool was a 10 minute walk from my school, 15 if you were stuck behind some idiot who didn't understand the concept of moving out the way to let faster walkers past. But that day I'd thought I'd been lucky. There'd been barely anyone around that day, meaning I could walk at my regular pace without having to slow down for slow walkers in front of me.

It was quite sunny that day too, unusually, and quite the contrast to the events that were about to unfold. It could almost be thought of comically to be honest. The one day where the sun actually shines was the darkest and dullest day of my life. But obviously at the time, I'd just been enjoying the afternoon sun beating down on my arms and face, bringing a nice heat to the day.

My mind wandered as it usually did on my walk down, listening to the music blasting into my ears through my earphones. Ok, blasting was a bit of an exaggeration, it wasn't like my music was loud or anything. It was still in though, and that was probably one of my biggest regrets. If I hadn't been so unaware to the world, so caught up in the music and my own pointless thoughts, maybe nothing would've happened. I watched as the bus I would normally be sat on to go home drove past me. Another regret. If I'd only got on the bus, if I hadn't been so insistent on going swimming, it definitely wouldn't have happened. Well, definitely not that day anyway.

But obviously, you can't go back in time, as much as I'd like to, and I had no clue of what was going to happen. How could I? It's not like I could see the future.

I turned into the small lane leading up to the swimming pool, my eyes trained on my shoes landing on the ground with each step I took. As I neared the building, I pulled out my ipod and started to turn the music off. After shoving my ipod into my pocket, no longer playing music through my earphones, which were also no longer in my ears but with the ipod, I brought my rucksack round onto one shoulder to fish through it for my purse, still oblivious to the world.

I grabbed my purse, and after taking out what I needed, I shoved it back inside my bag, along with my ipod and headphones before lazily swinging my bag back onto both my shoulders. I turned the corner, the building in site, only thirty metres or so away from me, finally looking up at my surroundings. I froze midstep, as I was looking up, to see a large, dark figure step out from the shadows, right in front of me staring directly at me.

A/N

Please let me know what you think, and if you like it vote/comment? :)