Chapter 7: Speaking With The Dead

Jake's POV

I woke up at midnight. Hopefully it wasn't another nightmare. I picked up my flashlight and walked to the left door. There was heavy breathing. I shut the door quickly and waited. Footsteps walked away and I knew I was safe.

The shadowy figure came up to me.

"They will not hurt you if I'm around." He stated.

He then took my hand in his.

"Come with me, we have to talk with someone."

He led me to the hallway under the window. Sitting on a little stool was the Plush Spring Trap.

"Spring Trap, can I ask you a question?" The shadowy figure asked.

The Plush nodded his head.

"Is there a way to end these nightmares for my friend?" He asked.

The plush nodded once again.

"There is a way, but it will be extremely painful for everyone involved."

"Tell me!" The figure demanded.

"You must allow me to take you back to the place it all started." The plush stated. "But the boy must stay behind. I will suppress the nightmare for him while you are not here."

"Ok, take me there." The figure said.

"Not now." The plush argued. "It's too early. We must do this on the fifth night of his nightmares. It's the only time."

The figure nodded.

"I see, well, we'll just have to survive until then."

I suddenly awoke. My alarm was ringing. I hit the snooze and got up. I went to the living room like usual.