Chapter 2: Nightmare

Jake's POV

I opened my eyes slowly. I had heard a sound somewhere. I quickly walked over to my dresser and picked up my flashlight.

I pushed open my hallway door and shined the light down, but nothing was there.

"Hello?!" I called out.

There was no answer. I turned around and walked towards my bed. Sitting on my bed was a scary bear with sharp teeth. I quickly jumped away and hid.

I shined my light under the bed to see if it was under there, but there was nothing.

I heard a creak from the closet and shined my light on it. The door was shut quickly. I tiptoed over to see if there was a monster in my closet. I slid the door open and saw nothing.

There was a sudden sound from the kitchen. I walked out into the hall. My light was right in front of me as I walked. I walked to the kitchen and shined my light in there. Standing there was a big scary yellow monster.

I stood there in fear, my legs unable to move.

The monster turned its head at me. It stared at me with glowing eyes. I began to back up slowly and it walked towards me.

I ran to my room quickly. Its footsteps were right behind me.

I slammed my bedroom door shut. I heard it banging the door. After a few minutes, it stopped and I heard its footsteps go away.

I sighed.

I began to walk towards my bed, when I heard a sound outside my other hall. It sounded like heavy breathing.

I slowly lifted my flashlight and turned it on.

It was a scary blue monster. It screamed in my face and I ran towards my bed. The monster walked up to me.

Right as it seemed like it was going to hurt me, a shadowy figure appeared.

It was like a cape made of shadows. It had a mask on. The mask had purple tears from the eyes. It was like a clown, or a puppet.

The puppet person punched the scary blue monster in the face, making it fall to the ground.

He then walked over to me.

He said nothing, but he stared right at me.

"Thank you mister!" I said.

He nodded and waved his hand over my head.

I suddenly sat up in bed. It had all been a scary dream. Sun shined through my window and my alarm was going off.

I hit the snooze and walked out of my room to see Myra and Logan.