Chapter Two

"You want to go into that burning building knowing that you are a pyromaniac?!" Rachel yelled at me.  "Mariah has asthma, too!  And I do not want to go in that burning fire and die!"  I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.  Shifting on the right leg, sighing, Rachel continued her rant.  I know my idea isn't that good of one, but it'll help the children in there!  There are adults trying to help get children out.  They've gotten most out, but can't go back in there now since the doorway in blocked by something.

"Rachel..." I groaned.  She kept on telling us about Mariah having asthma and me being a huge pyromaniac.  "Rachel!" I said louder.

"Rachel do you want the children to live?!" Erin yelled louder than her.  Rachel shuttup and stared at her.  "Mariah can help out here with the kids that got out.  You, Kira, Hailey, and I can sneak inside the builing since they aren't letting anyone in there and save the kids."

She calmed down and sighed.  "Okay, but if Kira makes the fire bigger somehow, I am running out of there!"  My jaw dropped at what she said.  Sure I might be a HUGE pyromaniac, but that doesn't mean I'll make a fire bigger!  Okay, I will most of the time but not now!  We need to save little children.  "That's right... You heard me..."  I glared at her.

"No fighting about pyromaniacs!" Hailey told us.  "Let's just get this over with."  We all started walking to the building, Mariah went over to the little kids to help. 

A big giant buffy dude started following us, making me feel like he's some stalker.  When the four of us were really close to the daycare, about to sneak in through a hole on the side of the building, he started running to us and yelling for us to not go in.  Erin looked up and hurried us in the building as best she could.  As I went passed her, I dragged her in with me. 

When I stepped inside, I was instantly coughing and got on my hands and knees, getting under all the smoke.

"Should we split up?" Rachel coughed.  "So we can find the kids faster?"  I nodded, and crawled aimlessly around the building, listening for cries from three to five year olds. 

"Hailey, just come on!" I heard Erin yell.  "Okay, I'm following you! Don't get us lost!" I laughed to myself.  Listening to those two talk to each other intertains me.  They are so funny! 

After looking for what felt like hours, I heard crying somewhere.  I followed the noise which made me endup in the kitchen of the caycare.  A little four year old girl was sitting in the corner, crying.  No one else was around this area.  I crawled over to her and saw that she had a burn on her arm.  The little girl looked at me, fresh tears going down her face. 

"W-who are you?" she asked. I put on my best 'I'm not a pedofile" smile on.

"I'm Kira, but let's get you out of here." I told her.  She nodded as I stood up, taking off my jacket I forgot was on my waist.  I layed that down, picked up the girl, then put the jacket on the girl so that if any fire fell it would be on the jacket and not her.  The little girl held on tight as I tried to find a way out of the burningdaycare.

Both me and the girl were coughing a lot and there was a lot more smoke than there was when I first got in here.  IT was thick, very thick, smoke too.  THe fire seemed like it's not going to stop burning. 

I quickly dodged a falling, I think, fan that was on fire.  The girl screamed.

"It's okay.  I gotcha." I said quietly, rubbing her back.  She held onto me tighter and I this time I screamed when something else fell right infront of me.  "Well we can't go that way anymore." After I calmed down. 

**Mariah's P.O.V**

The others have gotten out by now with a kid or two.  They've been out for twenty minutes, ten minutes after they went in.  Kira is still in there and I'm freaking out.  Rachel, Hailey, and Erin are getting help.  Along with the five kids they got.  I was over here by the trash can, trying to calm down crying kids that were outside playing when they fire happened. 

I heard a scream, and I looked up from the little boy I was talking to.  It sounded like a little girl's scream, and I started to freak out.  Kira either found a little girl, or she didn't and she is about to.  Another scream was heard from inside the daycare, but more like Kira's scream.  Local firemen that I didn't know lived around here stood up from their spots.  They started running to the building as Rachel Hailey, and Erin were about to go back in there to help Kira.  Me being the smart one out of everyone, stayed out here and away from the building.

The firemen started to kick down the door, and I prayed that they would get in there and save my friend and the little girl. 

"Mariah!"  I looked up once again to see Rachel waving to me, wanting me to go over to them.  I left the little kids and jogged over to the others. 

"Mariah, do you know why Kira is still in there?" asked Erin.  I gave her a look that said she must be dumb.

"Even though I'm the closest to her, doesn't mean she'll text me while she's in there and tell me what she is doing." I told them.  Erin looked down.  Rachel laughed a bit.  Hailey just nodded, freaking out on the inside about our friend.  I noticed the firemen had gotten inside.  I sighed with relief.  Thank the good Lord.

A about ten minutes past and a fireman came back out, followed by the others and Kira holding a little girl. 

"Kira!"  We all screamed and ran to her.  We engulfed her and the little girl in a hug.  She hugged back as best as she could with her free arm.

**Kira's P.O.V**

The girls engulfed me in a hug, I hugged back as best as I could with my free arm.  The little girl, who's name was Elizabeth, squirrmed when she saw a chubby lady with about three other kids.  She got down from my arms and ran to her.

"Lizzy!" the woman screamed. 

"We were so worried!" Rachel exclaimed.

"I thought you were dead!" Erin yelled out.

"Welll.....  You didn't make the fire bigger..." Hailey laughed.

"OHMIGERSH YOU'RE ALIVE!" Mariah screamed as loud as she could, still hugging me.  I laughed to myself.  I have the best friends out there and I'm very thankful for that.  "I heard you scream in there."

"Something just fel right infront of me and I almost died." I told her, still hugging her too. 

"Excuse me!"  the chubby lady with a muffin top started walking to me with the little girl and those other kids that were with her.  I pulled away from Mariah and coughed, but also looking at the woman.  "Are you the one that saved Elizabeth?" I nodded.  "I'm an owner of the orphanage and she was asking me of you could adopt her."  My eyes widened and the others turned to me.

"Say wha....?" I started.  "I'm only seventeen!  I'm not old enough to adopt and I don't really want a kid..."  I said the last part quietly, trying not to hurt Elizabeth's feelings.  She's only three and a half.  I looked at the ground.

"We could make an acception, please she needs someone.  Her mother never wanted her and her father doesn't like kids.  She's been needing someone like you, Miss." the woman said.  I looked up at her, then at Rachel who was wide eyed.  Then at Erin who had a pitiful expression on her face.  Hailey was trying to calm down a four year old that fell over and Mariah had a confused facial apression.  I finally looked back at the woman.

"Adoption....?" I asked slowly.  She nodded.  "I........"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N HAHAHAHA! CLIFFY!  WHAT NOW LOSERS?!  Okay you must hate me... I understand...  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA IM IN A WEIRD MOOD WHERE I NEED TO LAUGH SO BYEBYE NOW....

Oh, when do you think One Direction will show up in the story?????