Chapter 5

Lena's POV

I'm sitting at my desk at work when Monte walks in.
"Lena one of your kids is in my office." She tells me.
"Who and what did they do?" I ask.
"Jesus. Timothy had to pull him and Vince apart. Neither one of them will tell me what they were fighting over." She tells me.
"Will you send Jesus in? I'll talk to him and figure it out." I ask her. She nods and disappears. A minute later Jesus walks in. "Close the door and sit down." I tell him. He does. "Why are you fighting in school Jesus?" I ask him.
"I don't have to tell you." He says hatefully.
"Yes Jesus you do. Now start talking." I tell him.
"Fine. He was trying to hit on Hayley." He says.
"So you hit him first?" I ask.
"Damn right I did no one hits on my girl." He states.
"Jesus language. That's no reason to hit him Jesus." I tell him. I pick up my phone and call Monte's line. "Can you come in here please bring Vince with you." I ask. She says she's coming and we hang up a minute later Monte and Vince walk in. "Sit down Mr. Santiago." I tell Vince. I tell Monte Jesus started the fight and why.
She says "You are both suspended for 3 days. Mr. Santiago I'm going to call your parents. You both need to say sorry." Monte goes back to her office and the boys apologize. Fifteen minutes later Vince's dad walks in and the two of them leave.
"Jesus Mom is not going to be happy." I tell Jesus when we are alone.
Monte comes back and says "Lena you can leave for the day to take this one home. I'll see you tomorrow."
I thank her and we leave. When we pull into the driveway I tell Jesus "Go wait for me in my bedroom."
"Yes Mama." And he goes.
I pull my cell phone out and call Stef "Hey how's your day going?" I ask.
"Its good love everything okay?" She asks.
"Jesus got suspended for fighting. Monte let me leave early so I could bring him home." I tell her.
"Seriously fighting?" She asks
I tell her the whole story and tell her I'm going to punish him and we say our goodbyes. Going inside I get myself a glass of water and sit at the kitchen table drinking it slowly. When I finish I head upstairs to my bedroom.

Jesus's POV

I'm sitting on my Moms bed waiting for Mama to come puinsh me when she walks in. I watch her walk over to her closest and take out a leather belt. She turns around and says "Stand up take your pants and underwear down and bend over the bed." I quickly do as she said. As soon as I'm bent over the bed she wastes no time bring the belt down across my ass.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK

She stops and drops the belt. She helps me to stand up and fix my clothes. She sits down on the bed pulls me into her lap and rubs my back until I am calm.
"I'm sorry Mama." I say to her.
"Its okay Jesus. Since you are suspended you can go back to school Monday your grounded until then." She tells me. "Give me your phone." I take it out of my pocket and hand it over. "You can keep your laptop to do schoolwork.
"Thanks Mama." I say. "Is Mom mad?" I ask.
"She's disappointed but I told her I was punishing you and we both forgive you." She tells me.
"Thanks Mama I really am sorry for fighting."
"I know Jesus. Go to your room I'll call you down when dinner is ready later. Work on your school work." She tells me and I go. When Mom gets home she comes up and we talk about it all. She tells me I'm lucky she wasn't the one to spank me and tells me if I get in another fight this year they will both spank me. I tell her theres no way that's happening and she goes down to help Mama with dinner.