Chapter 6: Mystery Guy

"Kenneth?" Bulong ko sa sarili ko. Maya maya may humawak sa balikat ko.

"Kath! Buti nakapunta ka." Si Yna lang pala.

"Uh, yeah. I think I... I..." Gusto kong sumigaw sa totoo lang. Sabi ko na nga ba eh. Katulad lang din siya ng iba, si Kenneth I mean.

"Huy! Anong nangyayari dyan?" dating naman ni Lindsay.

"Ewan ko nga dyan eh. Baka gutom lang? Hoy! Kath, tara dun sa upuan namin. Kain tayo?" Yaya sakin ni Yna.

"Sorry, I think I just lost my appetite. I'm going home." Nag-walk out na ako at may bigla namang tumawag sa akin.

"KATHY!!!" sigaw niya sa gitna nang napaka-ingay na paligid.

Iisa lang naman ang tumatawag sa akin niyan. Bahala siya. Hirap na hirap ako kanina sa ITC, tinulungan ko pa siyang makatakas kasi akala ko may mahalaga siyang pupuntahan. Yun pala dito lang!! Tutulo na luha ko sa pagka-inis! AGH. Pero ayoko! Bawal! I don't want anybody to see me crying. Iisipin nilang mahina ako at marami lang arte sa buhay. Ayoko nun. Hindi pa ako umiiyak sa harapan ng kasi na sino. Miske kina Yna at Lindsay. But on a second thought meron na pala.

Yung school mate ko dati na... Basta ka-school mate ko, you get the point. Pero dati na naman yun. Lumakad na ako palayo. Sinabi ko kina Lindsay na hayaan nalang muna ako.

"Kathy! Kathy!!!"

"Didn't I told you that MY. NAME. IS. KATH! Why the heck can't you understand a simple thing?!"

Nagsisimula ng mamasa ang mata ko. Nakakainis kasi eh! Panira siya nang buhay ko kahit iilang araw pa lang. Takte, ginawa niya akong tour guide! Ginulo yung tahimik kong mundo! Iniba yung magandang pangalan na binigay sa'kin ng mga magulang ko! At ginutom ako sa paggawa ng school work niya! Hindi na ako makakita nang maayos, pero pinilit ko pa ring makatakbo papunta sa kabilang kalsada.

A-ang s-sakit!

Naramdaman ko na lang ang matinding sakit at pagdilim ng paligid.

KENNETH

I was about to go back inside the bar until I heard a car beeped loudly and crashed into someone. Bloody hell!

KATHY!!!

I ran towards the car and started to bombard the driver with cusses. Just so you know, I never cuss this bad, just this time.

"You moron! Are you effin' blind?!!! Look at what you've done!!!" Then I started kicking the front wheel, inflating it a little. Then the guy finally got out of his car. I saw a hint of schock and horror combined on his face.

"GOD! Si Kath ba 'to?" He said while looking at Kathy with a shock closely similar to mine. He knows her?! I'm not pretty sure but it's slightly obvious that he really knows her.

"Wait! You know her?" I still asked, for confirmation.

"Yes. She is my–"

"Wait?! Hold on! You're gonna pay for this, b*strd!"

I was completely shocked at the moment that I forgot about Kathy! I punched the guy's shoulder and then headed quickly to Kathy.

"Kathy!!! Kathy!!! Are you alright? Please wake up!" I didn't know what's gotten into me. I feel numb. This is all my fault. If only I hadn't called and run after her, she wouldn't be in this filthy condition.

I carried her and was about to head straight to my car, I'm taking her to the nearest hospital.

"Wait," but guy stopped me. "Let me take my Kath to the hospital. I insist."

MY Kath?! HIS Kath?! The heck does that even mean? I felt my face burn. Who the heck is he really?

"No. I will take her myself." I said venomously.

"Dude, ako na nga magdadala sa kaniya sabi eh!" The guy argued.

"Would you please just back the heck off!!!" I said with extreme anger. I was about to walk away when he grabbed my shoulder. "Get your hands off my—"

He punched me and I lost my balance so I fell off... while holding Kathy. Please kill me, just don't do anything to her. But no! I won't let the guy caught me off guard.

I stood up, leaving Kath nearly safe on the ground, and punched him back harder. So hard that my hand hurts. I do not fight seriously. And for the first time in history, this is the first time I fought this hard. But since Kathy is the girl we're talking about here, I am ready. Wait?! What am I thinking?

We exchanged foul movements until...

"Aaah." Kath forcingly uttered something and then she again lost her consciousness. Heck! I forgot about her.

I let go of this stupid guy and carried Kath again. But before I walk away, I threaten the guy, "Don't do anything as stupid as seeing her again, or else..."

He seemed unafraid. So instead of backing off, he stepped closer to me. His eyes were pierce, but mine was deathly.

"Now that I found her. Watch me." He said with a smirk. I bumped my shoulder to his and finally got into my car. I rushed to the nearest hospital. It's a good thing that this hospital was just straight ahead from the bar. I'm not familiar with the country. I do not know any landmarks so if I were to roam around myself, I'd probably be lost and there's no way of getting back.

I immediately talked to the nurse at the front desk, or whatever you call it. I don't fancy Hospitals and it's groggy smell, who does? The nurse called some assistance. They confined and took care of Kathy.

We're on room 113. She still hasn't fully recovered yet, but the doctor assured that she'll be fine and will gain her consciousness in no time.

I waited...

So, is this the no time that the doctor was referring to? Oh, God. Please no.

Still, NOTHING.

No, Kathy? This is really my fault.

Unlucky Cupid © 2011-2012 Starine