Chapter 6 - His And Only His

A/N: I know that this chapter is long overdue and short and I'm sooooo sorry :( Been really busy with work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unknown POV

As I watched her running along while I stood silently in the shadows, I felt pride for my mate in my heart. She was strong, fast and graceful as a wolf and beautiful as a human. I knew I had to make her mine before any other male werewolves could but I had to be careful in how I did so as I didn't want her hating me before she would even got to knew me. But my wolf did not want to take time as suddenly I felt him take control of my body, forcing me to shift in less than a minute.

He forced me to start running at her at full pace, with leaves crunching underneath my paws which she heard as I saw her head snap in my direction. She kept on running and I was forced to launch myself at her. I caught her in the stomach and we went tumbling along the floor. When we finally stopped rolling, she was on her back and I was on top of her in a very dominant position. Our fur rubbed together, making sparks fly at the contact. I could tell that she felt the sparks and knew what they meant as her eyes widened in shock.

She looked into my eyes and time seemed to slow down as I looked deeply into her beautiful stormy-grey eyes, losing myself in the intensity that gazed back at me.

'Our mate!' My wolf howled inside of me in joy at having her pinned underneath me. My eyes still widened in surprise at the strength of the joy that radiated from him as he'd never been so joyful about anything before with such a strength.

She then took advantage of my distraction by kicking me off of her, surprising me with her strength. She then bolted for it, setting off my wolf as we started chasing her as I could feel his desperate need to mark her. His feeling scared me as he was acting differently from his usual sullen behaviour.

I could feel part of the pack's territory ahead as we ran towards it, my legs pumping against the ground as we struggled to catch her and mark her. But she crossed the border before I could catch her, forcing me to slow down and stop outside. As she ran ahead of me, she looked behind her and she caught sight of the pain and sadness in my eyes as I realised that I now had no chance with her.