Chapter 3 - A Chance Meeting

A/N: Again, please rate, comment and most importantly....Vote! Please...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd quickly shifted and was running home through woodlands when without warning, a male Rogue appeared out of nowhere while running straight at me and leaped at me. I couldn't slow down as I was going too fast and I then felt him slam into me. We rolled along the ground and stopped with him on top of me. I knew it was a male as his wolf was much bigger than mine. His fur was completely black and was truly beautiful.

I looked into his light blue eyes and I froze as time seemed to slow down as I became lost in his beautiful silver-grey eyes.

'Mate!' My wolf joyfully howled in my mind. How in the hell could he be my mate? I'd thought that Logan was my true mate.

I saw his eyes widen as well at feeling the sparks and I then took my chance and kicked him off of me. I scrambled up and started running again. I heard the Rogue chasing me but when I ran over the border to my pack's territory, he stopped chasing me. As I continued running, I looked over my shoulder to see the Rogue was sat just outside of the border of the territory and was watching me run off. I could see the hurt and sadness in his eyes which broke my heart and made my wolf howl with sadness inside of me. But I continued running.

A few minutes later, I reached the packhouse for me to see Dad stood there looking really pissed. Mom was stood with him and she was looking worried as I approached them.

'See, Devin.' She spoke angrily at him. 'She's fine.' She then noticed that I was scared of Dad and her face softened as I walked onto the wooden porch towards them.

'It's okay, honey.' She softly told me as she knelt in front of me. 'He's not angry at you. He's just being overprotective like usual.' I knew that the last part was aimed at him as she then looked at him with a glare. He quietly growled until he saw that Mom was pissed at him and his face then softened as he unclenched his jaw, realising that it was a bad idea to annoy her.

'Baby girl, I'm sorry,' He then softly told me as he then knelt in front of me as well. He stroked me softly on my head which felt nice. 'There's been reports of the Rogue Adam Jones being sighted near the territory.' Inside I froze at that but I didn't show any physical reactions to what he'd just told me.

Adam Jones was the most ruthless and dangerous Rogue in the world. He was feared by all of the packs as he killed without mercy and was incredibly strong as well.

And he was my mate! I was so screwed if Logan and my family found this out.

'As Adam Jones has been sighted nearby,' He then told me a minute later. 'You're not to leave the house without myself, Mac or Scott.' I growled lowly at that as he knew I didn't like being escorted at all.

'It's for your own good, Amy.' He growled back and I whimpered in submission. He sighed wearily at that as I looked at Mom for help.

'I have to agree with him, Amy.' She told me. Traitor!

Mom and Dad then made me follow them into the packhouse and into the living room. I saw Mac and Scott waiting for us with guilty looks on their faces especially when they saw me. I was pissed at them and they knew it.

"Amy, we had to tell them." Scott told me as he raised his shoulders in surrender. I growled at him as I then walked past them to jump onto one of the sofas. I wasn't going to shift back as I was comfortable in my wolf and I knew Dad wouldn't make me shift back as he hated using his Alpha tone on his family. I curled up on the sofa and looked at Dad who then sighed.

"I already know that your mate is the Alpha of the Shadow Vale pack," Dad then said and I heard the powerful and rumbling Alpha tone in his voice. "And you are not to see him again." What?! I growled at him as I was now seriously pissed at him. My wolf then took control and launched myself at him.

In mid-air, I saw Mac launch himself at me and he tackled me to the ground. Scott rushed over to him and helped him hold me to the ground whilst I thrashed around, trying to escape Mac's restraining arms to get at Dad. How dare he tell me that I cannot see my mate!

Dad was just stood there looking shocked that I would try and attack him as I was his little girl.

"Amy, calm down!" Mac then growled at me and I heard the Alpha tone in his voice. Mac was the heir to the Alpha position and that meant  that he could use the Alpha tone on other werewolves. Scott and me could do the same but our Alpha tones weren't as strong as Dad or Mac's.

I struggled against the Alpha tone but my wolf gave up as she quickly submitted to him. I stopped thrashing as my wolf calmed down. When Mac and Scott then both released me, Dad tried to walk towards me but stopped when I growled at him. I then saw anger flare in his eyes but I was beyond caring if I'd pissed him off.

"Growl at me again, Amy," He warned me. "And you'll go into the Cage." I froze at that as did Mac and Scott. I whimpered as I hated the Cage.

The Cage basically was a metal dog cage but the bars were made of pure silver and it was small and cramped. I hated it was because I'm claustrophobic and I couldn't shift back and forth in it and that terrified me. The Cage was for captured trespassers and Rogues but other werewolves and Rogues rarely trespassed on our territory in the first place.

"Dad, don't. She's terrified of small spaces." Scott told him as like the rest of my family, he knew about my phobia.

How he knew was because when I was twelve, he'd locked me in a cupboard as a joke and had forgotten about me. When Dad realised that I wasn't around, he and Mom became worried and set up search parties after apparently contacting my friends. A day later, Dad's Beta, Josh, found me in the cupboard, shaking and whimpering. Scott had gotten into so much trouble for that with Mom, Dad and Mac but I forgave him...eventually.