Chapter 17

Chapter 17

By the time they were dressed and organised they were giggling together like crazy but they had no idea what about. When they strolled into the dining room hand in hand their merriment wore of smartly. Two rather grim faced girls sat opposite a just as grim faced Jim.

"Morning Dad." Sam said to her father as she sat down.

"Did they apologise to you?" Jim asked determinedly.

"Not as such." Sam said through a mouthful of toast "But I really don't care." She said breezily and both girls gave her an odd look

"You don't care? That will be the day." Brandy grumbled.

"I realised something this morning my dear sister. You are unimportant in my life and I'm tired of dealing with you. You stop bothering me and I'll stop bothering you. And that includes Chance." Sam quickly added.

"Huh?"

"You heard me." Sam told her determinedly.

"Fine have it your way like usual." Brandy said tartly and Sam sighed.

"Right the four of you, listen up. Sam you're taking the family car to school today. You will drop Beau at the station at lunch time to meet the train. I trust you can find your way home in the same way that you got here." Jim said firmly and Beau just nodded timidly.

To say the ride to school was hell was an understatement. Chance was her only bright light to prevent her from hurting someone. Brandy and Beau sat unhappily in the back of the car constantly complaining to the point where Sam had to pull over and threaten to knock some sense into them if they didn't shut up. Her frustration by the time they pulled up at school was at its peak.

She thought everyone would return to ignoring her at school after her weekend fun at the show but she was very wrong. Every guy she saw wanted to stop and talk to her or ask her out. By the end of recess she was exhausted and heading towards an unaccountable rage. A tap on her shoulder disturbed her thoughts and she turned around furiously only to be overwhelmed by Chance's grin and warm brown eyes.

"I think we need to put them out of their misery." He said while gesturing to all the guys watching her.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

His answer was to kiss her passionately. He pushed her back against the wall, cupped her face in his hands and nibbled her bottom lip til she opened her mouth for him. With a moan, she kissed him back with just as much wild abandon, forgetting she was in the school with everyone watching on.

"Excuse me, Miss Thompson." Sam heard a voice say and she pulled away from Chance finally noticing their audience.

"Damn!" She muttered "Yes Sir?" She said brightly to the Principal who was standing nearby.

"You know how I feel about PDA"s." He said with a raised eyebrow.

"Ah no Sir as I've never been a part of one before." She told him innocently and he chuckled at her.

"Very true but don't make this a habit." He pointed between them but left with a smile on his face.

She leant against his chest as the bell rang "Will this day ever end?" She mumbled.

"I'll see you at lunch to take Beau to the station." Chance told her.

"Yeah that should be a barrel of laughs." Sam said sarcastically as the said individual walked toward her looking surprisingly cheerful "What do you want Beau?" Sam asked as she headed towards class with Beau following her all the way.