Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A gentle knock at the door interrupted Sam's pacing but she was in no mood to deal with anyone. Everything started caving in on her to the point she felt like collapsing in tears while simultaneously punching something.

"Sammy you need to open the door." Chance told her quietly through the door. She stopped dead at hearing his voice. Her insides felt like they were tearing her apart but she still opened the door to him.

"What?" She said to him roughly.

"Please don't freak out." He pleaded with her as he walked closer to her but she flinched away, her eyes narrowing at him.

"About what? The fact that your ex looks like a supermodel or that she is pregnant possibly with your child?" Her voice rose in hysteria.

"Sam please just calm down." He said soothingly.

"Don't ever tell me to calm down!" She shouted before pushing past him and rushing out of the house.

Brandy sniggered from her hiding spot under the stairs and high-fived a smug looking Beau. This was most definitely her best plan to date. She was enjoying watching her sister suffering, especially after what had happened at the auction yesterday.

Sam had whistled for Bill and was charging away as Chance got to the front door. He felt a piece of him snap as he knew he would never find her if she didn't want to be found. He stood and sadly watched her leave, wishing for just once that life wasn't this complicated.

Sam knew there were some fences needing mending that the workers were going to fix on Monday so she decided to get started on it. She desperately hoped that hard work would be enough to clear her mind of all that happened this morning, but she had a dreadful feeling that it would never work.

By the end of the day she was exhausted but still she was plagued by so many questions. Who was Beau? How did she know it was his baby? Why come to another country to prove a point when she could have called or e-mailed? How the hell did she even get here?

She had managed to calm down enough to return home as darkness began to descend on the land. Sweaty and smothered with dust she dragged herself through the front door only to be greeted by the one thing that would cause her brain to become muddled again.

Beau and Chance were kissing near the stairs and Sam just stood there her mouth dropping open in absolute shock. Without thought and pure fury driving her, she yanked Chance away from her. She had a tight grip on his arm and a deadly look in her eye.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" She shouted at him.

She quickly spun around and bolted up the stairs, by the time she had the door locked behind her she was sobbing her heart out. She leant back against the door and felt her world finally collapse around her. She heard an argument on the stairs but could barely make out the words; instead she curled into a ball and lost herself in her heartache.

"Sammy please listen to me. I didn't kiss her, I swear to you. She kissed me. Please Sammy you need to let me explain." She heard his voice through the door but it only made her cry harder.

"Go away." She told him through her tears "Just leave me alone."

"I'm not leaving here until you listen to me and believe me." He told her determinedly as he sat down against the door.

She lay there as her room gradually darkened, her tear streaked face and red blotchy eyes reflecting the abject misery she felt. She had finally started trusting someone again only to have them betray her was almost too much to bear.