Burning Water Chapter 18

Chapter 18 (Lily) 

  She woke up, startled. Where a I? Was her first reaction. 

  She was in a room. A dark room. Lily could only see a few faint lights that seemed to be coming from far in the distance. 

 It must have been a big, big room, because as far as she reached, nothing was to be felt, heard, seen or sensed. 

  Lily was tired. She tried to remembered what had happened, after calming herself down and relaxing herself on the invisible floor. It was hard and soft at the same time. It seemed like she could easily fall asleep in this dark place. 

  She focused hard on her memory. 

  Flashes of pictures came to her mind. 

  In one she saw herself falling and screaming. In the next she heard a slithering type of voice; "Sssee? Do you ssee?" 

  It had all come back to her now. 

  She had been falling in the non-gravitational kind of place when she had heard it's voice. The Furie's. 

  Lily had heard her own say; "Ahh! No! How could you? I thought...I thought you were with us! Why! Why did you do this to us? Can't you see? I...." 

  She wondered what it meant. What did it mean by "I thought you were one of us"? Who was I talking about? Who is us? 

  She remembered the roller-coaster feeling slowly stopping. Lily suddenly saw a picture of herself in mid-air. Her hair was flowing through the air and every part of her was immobile. It was cool, although Lily couldn't remember that happening. 

  The memories of everything that had happened flooded into her mind. And as she began to understand everything, something changed. Something dreadful and scary happened. 

  The air around Lily felt hot. Her skin tingled and itched. 

She scratched herself as much as she could, but it got worse and worse. 

"Aaahhhh! Make it stop!" Lily cried out. She decided that she would try to stop scratching. But when she did, she felt as if she was burning. 

  "Ah! Please!" She continuously pleaded. She started crying for the pain made her. A tear fell down her face, and down on the floor that she still couldn't see, she could only feel it. 

  Until finally she said the magic words. 

  "Ansel! Ansel, make it stop! Please. I know you can!" Lily screeched. 

  Once the words were pronounced, the terrible feelings of death crawling at her left in a flash, just the way they came. 

  "Thank you! Thank you Ansel!" She yelled out. Lily got up to her feet and gazed around the still-dark room. 

  A few moments passed. Nothing really happened. She had walked around bit, her hopes high. But then she realized nothing and no one was there. 

  "Ansel? I th-thought y-you heard me." She managed to say. 

  "I heard you!" A unrecognized voice boomed out. 

As much as Lily was glad to hear something and someone, she was also frightened by the voice. 

  "Ansel? Is that you?" She said, shyly. 

  "Ansel? Me? No. I'm not as great as him." The same frightening voice came back, now in a laughing kind of voice.

  "But who helped me than?" 

  "I did." 

  There was a short pause. Then Lily spoke.