Love At First Sight

Michael sat at a diner. He was on his lunch break for work. It couldn't have come any sooner; it was the one thing he looked forward to each day. He looked at the menu even though he knew what he was going to order already. A woman with long blond hair approached him, he hadn't seen her here before. "Hi, I'm Julie and I'll be your waitress today." She smiled at Michael kindly. "Hello, can I just have the special for today?" He handed her the menu with a small smile. "Sure thing!" She took the menu from him and scribbled it down onto her little notebook pad. Then, quickly walked off to the kitchen.

Michael had eaten his lunch like he normally did, he payed the bill and headed back to work which was within walking distance. He straightened his tie and suit jacket as he walked, and glanced around. A woman with dark brown hair caught his eye. Her hair rested on top of her shoulders, her eyes were a deep green. She stood talking to her friend but glanced at Michael. He looked away, embarrassed that he had been caught staring at her. Michael heard a small laugh, he guessed it was her. He turned and looked into a shop window, but was tapped on the shoulder a moment later. Michael turned around and looked at the woman; she was so beautiful. "I couldn't help but notice your glance." She smiled softly and tucked some hair behind her ear. "Y-yeah.. I'm sorry about that.." He looked at his feet. "It's alright, I'm glad someone's actually noticed me." Michael looked her in the eyes. "How could anyone not notice you?" Her cheeks began to turn pink as she looked at her hands. "I'm Ravenna." She offered her hand. "Michael." He took her hand and shook it gently. He glanced at his watch and remembered he needed to get to work. "I'm sorry, but I have to get going." He let go of her hand, but she grabbed it again and took out a pen from her purse. She scribbled down some numbers onto the palm of his hand. "I want you to call me when you can. Please? We could talk a bit longer then.." Michael smiled and nodded. "Most definantly. I'll call when I get off of work." And with that he walked away; Ravenna watched him walk off and smirked to herself.

Michael awoke to the buzz of his alarm and felt Ravenna stir next to him. He swiftly shut it off and looked at her for a few moments before getting up to head to the hell hole he called work.