Chapter 6

"We're here."Eragon's voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I quickly looked up. I froze in my step as I took in the sight before me. The old and big trees had parted slightly and if you paid attention you could see the outlines of buildings at the base of almost every tree, each with different shapes and discreet forms that followed the base of the tree. To say that I was in awe was an understatement and as elves started to head towards us the giddy feeling inside me grew stronger but was mixed with nerves.

The three of us continued walking and as we entered a wide clearing we slowly came to a stop. I shifted on my feet, my arms wrapping around Onyx as if to ground myself and not freak out by all the elves closing in on us as well as the sound of flapping wings heading our way. I looked over at Eragon, smiling slightly as our eyes locked before he tilted his head to the side as if telling me I should pay attention. With narrowed eyes I poked my tongue out at him before looking towards were the sound of wings came from.

The first dragon appearing was a deep pink and as the pink dragon came in sight the purple dragon, Niana, pounced up in the air towards the pink dragon and it's rider. My eyes followed Damien and Niana as they dashed through the air and I flinched back as the two dragons collided but as Eragon let out a deep chuckle I immediately relaxed."That will be us soon." Onyx said to me, and a giddy feeling spread through me as I looked down atthe black dragon in my arms. "I can't wait." Was all I said in return as I kept my gaze at the two dragons in the air.

The purple and pink dragon circled each other and right before my eyes they seemed to almost blend together as they decended from the sky with the two riders on their backs. My brown eyes were wide open and I took a step closer to Onyx as the two dragons came closer to the ground. Eragon placed his hand on my left shoulder as the two dragons landed a few feet in front of us.

Damien dismounted his dragon as did his exact replica. My eyes were wide in amazement at the two men that walked towards us with their pink and purple dragons closely following behind them. The new rider placed two fingers on his lips and greeted Eragon and bowed as Eragon did the same. The rider of the pink dragon straightened up and turned towards me and Onyx with a small smile on his lips. "You must be the newest rider." Damien's brother said and I could istantly feel myself relaxing in his precense which made me frown slightly in confusion."I'm Damon, Damien's twin brother, and this is my dragon Manarí."A shy smile gazed my lips as I looked up at Damon as he stood in front of me, almost shoulder to shoulder with his brother.

"I'm Jennifer and this is my dragon Onyx." A large smile spread on my lips as I mentioned Onyx and I could feel myself almost bursting with pride and love for the black dragon beside me. Onyx bumped his head lighty against my side as he felt my emotions running through our shared bond. Our moment was interrupted as Eragon gently placed his hand on my shoulder to get my attention.

"Are you alright to continue on, or do you want to stay?" Eragon asked in a gentle voice as I looked up into his brown eyes. "What do you think?"I asked Onyx as I looked down at him as he stood with his blackscaled head tilted towards me an Eragon. " I want to continue on." His masculine voice replied in my head and I couldn't stop the giddy smile that formed on my lips.

"We can continue on." I turned to reply to Eragon. He smiled down at Onyx and me before he moved his hand down to my shoulder blade and gently pushed me forward so that I would start walking. With a huff of annoyance I swatted his arm away from my back, earning a laugh from the mighty rider, as well as the two brothers.

With my right hand on Onyx shoulder we followed Eragon as he walked further into the forest, making it clear that it hides an incredibly breathtaking city. "This is beautiful." my thoughts were filled with wonder as my eyes moved from one thing to another.