Chapter 6- Jealousy

I sat in my room and thought about my old life, I couldn't leave California and go back to Indiana, not over a stupid boy that's not worth me time. I hope school gets better, thankfully, I have my liscence but not for California so I'll have either Alex or Jake drive me to school. I realize that Paul probably hitches a ride with Jake but I can just ignore him, maybe, damn I sure hope I can.
     It was suspiciously quiet, no yelling, nothing broken, nobody died thankfully. I go downstairs and notice everyone's gone, I guess I'm cool with it, I'm 16, I don't mind being home alone and its not a shady neighborhood. I forgot that the mail came today so I went out to check it. I shut the door and looked up and saw that Jake's truck was still there.

"What the hell is going on here?" I mumbled to myself. I heard a group of boys saying "hey break it up," and "C'mon kick his ass Alex!" I wasn't for sure it was them until I heard my idiot brothers name. I ran straight over to the back of the house and saw the two fighting, they were both good I actually wasn't so sure on who would win.
"Guys stop it!" I yelled as I was walking towards them.
"Go back inside Kayla." I could tell Alex was pissed at Paul and you don't want to mess with him when he's this angry. I was surprised I didn't hear anything inside of the house.
I decided I had enough of this,"Guys stop it's not even worth it!" I stood in between them at the next chance I got.
"He hurt you Kayla, just let me take care of him." He lunged at him but I stopped him.
"Look it's over. You go cool off and you go home." I pointed at Paul at the end, I was still mad at him. Alex ran off to the beach and I looked at Paul, he was about to say something but he just turned around and left. Jake tapped on my shoulder,"Hey I'm gonna go check on Alex and the rest of the boys are gonna go with Paul. Sorry about that I'm just gonna go."
     I just nodded and let him walk away. I saw Alex in the distance on the beach, I felt bad that I yelled at him. I know he wants to protect me from jerks like Paul. I went back inside through the back door while my mom was walking through the front door, she was struggling to detach her house key from the front door, I didn't think the door was locked. She held about five big paper bags of groceries in her arms, her arms were stretched as far as she could. She still had on her scrubs from when she left for work at five this morning, there was some racing accident the night before and they had to have yet another emergency surgery five hours after his first surgery. I don't know who it is but I hope he's okay.
"Hey honey." My mom said as my mom tried to carry the paper bags over to the counter without dropping every single one of the bags.

"Hey mom, why are you home so soon?" I went to grab a few bags, Mom looked relieved.

"Well I have to go back he have another emergency surgery scheduled in," Mom paused to look at her watch she looked up at me kind of panicked, "Shoot, twenty minutes. Look I gotta go, Kay, I love you. Tell Alex I love him too." Mom walked over and gave me a kiss on the forehead and ran out the door.
     As the evening came around, Alex, Jake, and myself decided to go to the carnival again for a while since our first day of school was tomorrow. I still kept thinking about everything that happened today, I couldn't get my mind off of it. As we were walking to a food stand after the Tilt a Whirl, I turned the corner and saw Paul and that another blonde. Blood flushed from my face and I felt myself turning cold. Jake saw him too so he tried to distract my brother so he doesn't beat the tar out of Paul so Alex went to go get the food.

Jake appeared behind me, "You know, I could help you make him jealous." He had an evil smirk on his face. This is going to be a long night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hiiiiiiiii lovelys! Sorry it took so long to update! I hope you like it🍉