V.00 ; JUMP

° ° °

° ° °

Hi, this is my (very) short story that I'm entering in for _HakunaMatata_ and her contest c: I've dedicated it to her for obvious reasons and I hope not only Delilah but you also enjoy this short piece of writing c: Thank you for reading. Please share the love and comment and vote c: Of course following is open too for the public c; I tried to improve this but it wasn't as easy as I had thought or hoped, it's still presentable to me so please enjoy! :)

Love you all,

Bye x

° ° °

No one really ever knew why the thirty-first of May was a significant day in the small town situated in a slightly larger state.

There were many assumptions that could be the reasoning behind the date that everyone knew about. Maybe it was a birthday of someone special, the death of a great idol in the town, or maybe it was a past event that had been hosted on that very date; or maybe all three.

The thirty-first of May was marked on everyone's calendar. The streets would be empty and every house was filled with the families occupying the residence. They would all sit still around the television and collectively listen to the news anchors hosting the nightly news. For one entire minute, the whole town would be silent.

They only got given sixty seconds to remember her freely. Sure, you could remember her whenever you wanted to, but this is the only time when everyone did. When the whole town respected her.

Very few people knew her name before it happened. Only her bullies and family knew about her existence. Although she had multiple people noticing her, she felt alone.

Like it was just her against the world.

She was only seventeen when it happened. Her birthday was on the thirty-first of May. It also happened on that infamous date as well.

That's why the thirty-first day of May was now known by everybody in the small area; but not the main point.

Everyone knew who she was now because of what happened. Everyone knew that particular date and that she was born on it. That's why they sat in a minute of silence like the country did for the heroic ANZAC'S on ANZAC Day.

"I'm stuck! Don't tell me to just rip it off like a band-aid! This isn't some stupid band-aid!" She screamed, her breath was fastening and her heart rate towering. Tears fell from her lifeless blue eyes as she said, "Look in the shoe box under my bed." She then turned her attention to the scenery below her.

"Jump."

Her nostrils flared with anger and she started shaking uncontrollably. "Don't tell me what to do!" She chuckled humourously.

"I'm not. You just told me you were. So why don't you?" He asked calmly, folding his arms across his chest as he stood there, staring her down.

There was one person that confused her the most - even more than herself. He was a bully, a popular, and a rule breaker. But only she knew that he was a softy at heart. And that's why he tried to save her.

He gave her reason. He gave her truth. He gave her looks and kind gestures and he showed her that not everything was what she thought it was. He enlightened her and showed her things that were native to her.

She was still just as blind though.

She didn't see the real meaning behind his actions. The real significance behind his voice as he told her she's worth it. She was known to negativity and so all she saw was negativity.

She was so blind that she didn't realize that he loved her. He loved her like a child loves their teddy bear. He loved her like a dog loves its owner. He loved her more than himself and anyone else.

He loved her enough to jump after her.

She secretly loved him too. Deep down in her heart that knew nothing about love, she held a special place for him. He was special to her; he was her superhero, her rock. She wouldn't admit it, she wouldn't show it, but she wrote it.

Under her bed, situated on the dusty floorboards, a single shoebox lay. Filled with her most treasured items and memories. Her once loving and caring parents, her old friends before they changed, and the most important thing to her; a small black leather covered diary about him. Their adventures where he tried to save her life. Photographs and souvenirs filled the book, glued to each page, filled to capacity. It was her most favourite belonging and although she kept all their memories hidden, in a small black diary in a shoebox under her bed. She didn't care if anyone found it. She wanted someone to find it, and know that she was happy for once and it was all because of him.

His smile, his laugh, his cocky comments, and badass ways never failed to make the butterflies erupt in her stomach.

Her rare smile, her small laugh, her stubbornness, and her way with words always made him light up and act like a different person. He knew he changed around her, but for the better.

The two never admitted their love for each other. Though deep, deep down they knew. Their love was different; he showed it, but she didn't notice. He didn't mind though, as long as she was there with him and he was there with her, he was the happiest he had ever been - and ever could be.

She breathed in a deep breath of air and blew it out before taking one last glance at him before looking back to her feet. Below, the rocky waters crashed against the cliff face like a bull seeing red. It was angry, unforgiving, yet beautiful. She closed her eyes and mentally thanked him. For everything.

Three...Two...One...

Jump.

Her death also was on the thirty-first of May.

But, so was his.

° ° °