III : Massacre & Annihilation

The prince alone was confident, but he wasn't too sure of the outcome of the battle. As no army has won against Lord Demise, and to fight against it, while thou are not prepared, and then knowing who you're coming to face, being who it is in this situation, I don't think they stand a chance. And those Rhonylls seemed fierce and hungry. For death, and surprisingly, demise. Of course, being an army of evil, they were attacking from the Northern flank of the city. That is where all hell breaks loose. Where all evil emerges. Where the powerful forces of evil come from, Demise being one of them. The place we speak of in the North is a monstrous citadel known as Fyr Kranas.

Being in the presence of an evil Lord, like Demise, and His Rhonylls felt weird. It was as if, time was under their control, when it wasn't. When in reality, it was the radiation of power from the Lord himself. Dreyvald was focused on the battle, but as he battered a Rhonyll he was fighting, he looked around. He noticed one thing and wished for it. Or two. They were ideal. He wished for help & hope. And preferably as soon as they could get it. Surely Lord Myrmion sent messengers to the nearby lands.

Perhaps the wizards of the enchanted forest to the East could help. No, they struggle in keeping their forest safe from humongous, bewitched beetles called Eraxnir, or Eraxnii. They still have not found the darkened witch or wizard that controls them.

Maybe, just maybe the closest friends of Mirthania might be able to help. It was a kingdom to the West. They specialised in trade, but their army is well-trained. They might not be the best, but they might alter the outcome of the battle, depending on their numbers. The kingdom we speak of is known as the Kingdom of Lurnamia. However, the Lurnamians are currently suffering from trade debts, so they might be a thousand men short, as they cannot provide their armies with proper gear.

If the Lurnamians or the wizards won't be able to help then there remains one known kingdom. Or is it a kingdom? It is the last place that would ever help them. It is a city in ruin to the South, filled with thieves, fences, smugglers, and all that hell broke loose. It all started in the Third Era, when a horde of invaders from an unknown place further South attacked the once-great kingdom named Elloquia and shattered it. However, the reason they invaded the kingdom is unknown, to this day. And who the invaders are is also unbeknownst to civilisation. The invaders, apparently knew nothing of their victims, since the Elloquians were known to be rich amongst the Lurnamians, Mirthanians and wizards, but they hid their wealth, so that clueless invaders wouldn't stumble by it, and their idea worked just well. But after their race was extinguished, by death or slavery, a group of no more than 70 of 'newly-exiled' exiles thought that they should venture into the city and take its riches. But when they did that, a few of them took a much bigger share of the riches than the others and they disappeared without further notice. The others were mad, and they each had their own ideas on what they should do after the actions caused by the others. They argued for a few days and then started fighting, it thus, the ruins were then swarming with other exiles, thieves, marauders and all who were damned. They established a corrupted city, with no ruler or rules unless its people set foot into the tavern. The tavern was the only place in the city which had rules. The tavern was like a calm city hall to the ruins. The Damned Ones, as they are known dwell in those ruins, and they suffer to find shelter in a place swarmed with outlaws like them.

Dreyvald looked around; the Mirthanians were losing miserably. The archers couldn't shoot the Rhonylls due to them being too near to the Mirthanian soldiers, so Mirius was knocking the ones that were too close to allies and the archers shot them.

Demise was in sight, Dreyvald signalled Mirius and they charged onto him. He put up a fight, and they only got one slash on his thigh before they had to fall back, due to them being routed. The Mirthanians were dying simultaneously. Mirius and Dreyvald had to fall back with the remaining soldiers to the palace.

By the time they got to the palace, the soldiers that were late were slaughtered by the Rhonylls, and there was only one quarter of the army remaining.

'What do we do now, Dreyvald?' asked Mirius.

'We have nowhere to go. We have to hold our ground. If anyone has any ideas please forward them instantly.'

'What about digging a tunnel, or breaking down a wall to escape?'

'The palace is too thick, they'll brutalise us while we're working. Besides, we have no tools. I say we set up traps, any we can think of. Get to work everyone! Use your imagination, and when they come, fight to the last breath!'

The Mirthanians got to work, all of them did all they could, while thinking of their wives and children in the District of Eternal Rest. Will their families survive? Will they survive? Will anyone help them?

They set up as much traps as they could. But then they heard a horn from a distance. It wasn't a horn that belonged to Fyr Kranas. No, it was an unknown sound. This inspired the optimistic Royal guard. The other attackers could have been invaders who wanted to kill Demise and destroy Mirthania. But they charged out with higher morale.

As they fought, they were able to see the dead bodies of their brothers-in-arms. The Rhonylls disappeared. They were fleeing. They killed most of the Mirthanians but the mysterious forces caused them to flee. They were so close to victory but yet they lost. Dreyvald was happy that his prayers were answered, but who were their saviours?