Epilogue

Donatello gasps, waking with a start. He finds himself back in his bedroom, the sheets messed up, but it's his bedroom. Unable to wait any longer to see if he's really back, he sends himself launching out of bed and nearly tripping over himself as he dashes towards the living room.

Outside, the ending credits of the movie are rolling. Destiny sleeps soundly against Leonardo's shoulder, his arms wrapped around her comfortably as his eyes droop. Annalise and Michelangelo stare at the screen in shock, like they can't believe just how mind-blowing that movie just was. Taylor and Raphael both yawn loudly, almost waking Casey and April as they cuddle together, snoozing away. Sarina is also awake, although her lights are dimming with exhaustion. Splinter smiles at his family, taking notice of his returning son. He arches an eyebrow.

"Donatello, are you alright?" he inquires. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

Sarina turns to look at him, concern covering her features. "Did you have a nightmare?"

He stumbles forwards and engulfs her in a tight hug, tears of relief falling down his cheeks again.

"Yeah...just a nightmare. It was just a nightmare," he whispers, burying his face in her shoulder.

"Aww darling, you know those aren't real," she reminds him gently, returning the warm hug.

Mikey and Annalise giggle, bouncing a little as the last few credits cross the screen.

"Dude, you missed a wicked movie!" Mikey exclaims, grinning widely as his eyes seem to sparkle.

"Yeah! Explosions and romance and comedy and everything in between!" Annalise adds with equal vigour.

"Yup, good movie," Taylor mumbles, resting her head on Raph's shoulder. "I'm just gonna sleep out here."

"Sounds good to me," Raph agrees with the same sleepy tone, cuddling Taylor to his chest. "Night babe. Goodnight anyone who's still awake."

"Goodnight, my children." Master Splinter smiles, standing up.

The rat moves to a stack of blankets nearby, grabbing them and draping one over Casey and April, then Leo and Destiny, and then Raph and Taylor. Each couple remains fast asleep, undisturbed by the fatherly gesture.

"Michelangelo, Annalise, you should sleep too. As for you and Sarina, Donatello," he says kindly.

"Sure thing, Sensei!" Mikey chirps. "Come on, cupcake!"

They laugh as he scoops her onto his shell and they dash off down the hall with her turtle-back riding him the whole time. Splinter laughs softly and heads to his room to sleep. Donnie only nods absentmindedly, stupidly happy to see his little brother laughing and smiling with his girlfriend, who's just as alive as he is. In fact, he's stupidly happy in general to see everyone. Destiny and Leo cuddled together, her head tucked under his chin as she sleeps on top of his chest, her wings folded against her back. Casey and Raph with their girlfriends against them, not having a care in the world.

"That must have been some dream, Don," Sarina comments. "You haven't stopped holding me since you came back out."

He laughs sheepishly, pulling away and giving her some space. "Sorry. I'm just...really relieved that it wasn't real."

She leans over and gently kisses him. "You can tell me everything tomorrow. For now, I think we both need to catch up on our sleep."

He nods, resting his forehead against hers. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," she responds, pecking the beak of his nose. "I always will."

He smiles. I sure hope so.