4

The pay off was quick and simple.

A small leather bag exchanged hands between the two men. The tanned slave trader shuddered visibly as his hands brushed against the cold slender fingers that looked almost transparent.

As he moved to pull his hand away the cold hand gripped his wrist in a tight grip. The skeletal fingers barely managed to wrap themselves around the larger mans beefy wrist but he still jerked visibly with fear.

Beads of sweat began to form at the base of his neck, not because of the hot midsummer heat but at the presence of the hunched stature before him.

Like albino spiders the fingers traced the interlocking tattoos swirling up the man's arm until they rested just under his eye.
They brushed lightly against the pale scar marring his face before the long fingernails dug sharply into his cheek.

Small droplets of blood formed at the base of the scar but the mocha coloured man stood stock still. Paralysed in fear he didn't even cry out. His left eye twitched at the corners and his mouth began to salivate with the oncoming fear that this small figure brought.

"It's good to see you again eight..." Came the cold raspy voice.

The sound of his voice alone provoked a reaction as the man shuddered visibly and his Adam's apple bobbed as he made an audible gulping sound, but he still made no move to move away from the hand that held his face in a death grip.

The hands slowly retracted themselves back under the large black cloak, not even bothering to clean the blood out from under his fingernails before they disappeared once again.

"Let me... let me see the tattoo. Let me see it once again...." The voice took on a desperate tone, the voice could almost be thought to be pleading with the taller man if not for the raspiness that warped the tone.

With slow jerking movements the man's chin slowly lifted his neck bearing an almost invisible marking.

V I I I

The ink blended in well with the man's tan but it was unmistakable to the hunchbacked man. His breath sucked in with a sickly wheezing sound and his hood shifted slightly to reveal a large smile full of perfectly white and straight teeth. The lips around them were pale and stretched, almost invisible in comparison with his skin as they were tugged up into a cruel smile.

"Do you have my order here?" The man's metallic voice jerked the foreigner back to reality. Time seemed to resume once again and it seemed that only a few minutes had passed since their encounter.

Despite the fear that gripped his heart and the icy numbing sensation that the man felt creeping through his feet despite the hot midday sun his voice was smooth and unbroken. In fact it oozed with charm as he politely replied,

"Your next order is ready Master Raven, might I interest you in some of our other wares?"

The cruel smile tugged once again at Ravens lips as his hands slowly slid themselves away from the man's face slowly and longingly, lingering for a split second on the large scar marring the man's palm. The shocking white against black made an interesting contrast.

"That would be most pleasant... My slujitor al meu..." The raspy voice purred with almost affection and the other man almost flinched at the familiar words.

'Servant of Mine...'

After all these years he'd made the mistake of feeling that he was finally out of the grasp of Raven. Finally he'd escaped.
But as he glanced quickly at the people milling about around the slum district he realised his arrogance.

Raven, it seemed would forever own him, he would always win.

Because he was everything...

Because he was the devil incarnate himself.

~•~
It's been a while!

Sorry it's been so long for an update but here it is!

Also sorry it's also short but i find I like these shorter chapters more as I have to try and manipulate it to be short and sweet!

Thanks for reading lovely people!

MrMumbles
xoxo