Chapter Twenty-One: The Reveal

No one took the threat serious.

Not because we didn't want to, but because we weren't sure how to approach it quite yet. On top of that, Lincoln lost his cool, and that hardly ever happened. He told to us to drop everything, to forget it ever happened. But of course, no one did, but we all played along to keep Lincoln from murdering us.

I woke up to someone, or something licking my face and I desperately wished it wasn't Jaclyn or Jason in wolf form.

When I opened my eyes, big ice blue ones stared back at me.

"Midnight! How did you get here?" I hadn't seen him in a while and he was obviously glad to see me. He was actually growing which was a surprise because last time I saw him he was nothing but a little puppy. But evidently, he was growing into a man. He'd always be my puppy though.

"Surprise! I got you a puppy!" My dad poked his head in and I rolled my eyes at him. He could be so cheesy and childish at times.

"You cannot re-gift a puppy." I pointed out. He shrugged and let himself in as Midnight curled up to my side. I didn't bother to sit up, but instead pulled the covers tighter around myself. I was in no way, shape or form ready to deal with today.

"Good point. Where's your boy toy?" He sat where Jason had been sleeping. I was never going to get used to talking to my dad about my boyfriend. That was simply something that never happened in my life until Jake. And I was hoping we'd leave well enough alone, but that wasn't the case. Not even close.

"He's taking a shower. Note how I'm still in bed. I was sleeping until my baby boy woke me up. But I'm assuming you didn't come up here to ask me that. What gives?" I asked. He shrugged once more, but I knew better than that. That was the one thing my dad and Jason had in common besides their love for me; they both always had something up their sleeve. They both also knew it was better to keep their distance than to wake me up in the morning.

"Well I figured I missed all the years of waking you up for school. So I decided to get a jump on that. But in all seriousness. Your grandfather is acting as if we're preparing for the second Cold War. I'm going to need Jason to pull himself away from you and Jaclyn for an hour. But he's not going to do that if you are going to be scared of being around Jaclyn." He explained. Yeah, he was right about that. Lincoln hasn't come out of his room since our encounter with Bellator. I'm guessing that my dad wanted to ambush him and was probably going to need the help of Jason and Owen.

"I'm not an incompetent mother. I can take care of my own daughter. Jason will be at your disposal, I'll make sure of that. Anything else daddy dearest?" I batted my eyes innocently. My dad rolled eyes back at me and got up.

"That'll be all, my little princess," He mocked me before leaning down to kiss my forehead. "By the way. If you and Jason are interested. You know... Well in the nightstand-"

"Stop it!" I narrowed my eyes at him. I was not going to have the talk. It was four years and one baby too late.

"Safe sex is the best sex." He reminded. I thought no sex was the best sex. Or was it no sex is safe sex...

"Well that speech is a little too late. I've been safe since then though, promise!"

"I don't wanna hear this." He visibly cringed and I smiled in triumph. He so shouldn't have opened that door if he wasn't prepared. It wasn't as if I was a thirteen year old who was awkward when it came to talking about sex. I'm almost nineteen, he should realize this.

"Well at least I think we were safe last time. But of course-"

"Leaving!" He announced loudly before slamming the door behind himself. I smiled in victory. Bet he wouldn't be checking in on my private life again. At least not that aspect of it.