Chapter Four: Bonfired Up

Game on was right.  

Krissy pulled every trick in the book to get Jason's attention. And I do mean every trick. She hiked her already short skirt up more, her bathing suit was a little smaller and of course, it was white. She also pulled the age-old trick of dropping something bending over slowly to pick it up. I wasn't sure if I should feel sorry for her or if I should feel bad that she was making a fool of herself.  

Probably the latter.  

I sat in the study trying to figure out college calculus. In honesty, it might as well been Japanese; I had no idea what it was saying and I didn't understand it. 

"Are you going to just stare at your text book all night?" I look up to see one of the triplets. With a flash of a tattoo, I recognize which one. Over the course of the day, I’d been trying to name the triplets on spot without hesitation and so far, I’ve been doing well.

"Well, Seth. I figure if I stare at it long enough, I'll figure it out." 

"And how's that working out for ya?" Owen asked as he plopped down on the couch next to me. I shrugged and thought about it. There could be many things worse than not getting college calculus. I could be flunking boarding school, Krissy could be in the room, the Queen B’s could have me assassinated, Mr. Gray could call me to his office, it really could be worse. Much worse. 

"The only thing I've learned is that the limit doesn't, nor will it ever, exist." I sighed, quoting my favorite movie. It did really feel like I was in the middle of mean girls. Except Krissy didn’t have Jason, I did. At least I thought I did. 

Owen laughed. "Okay Cady Herron." 

"You know mean girls?" I ask incredulously. Seth threw himself into the spot on my other side and shaking his hair out his eyes.  It was then that I realized that all the boys of suite 121 had some funky colored eyes. Jason’s eyes were silver like with blue specks, Owen’s were pretty much gold and the triplets all had beige eyes. What the hell? 

"Of course not. That's social suicide." Seth replied, interrupting my train of thought. I choked on laughter and shook my head. I could get used to having Seth around, he was the shiest of the three, but he was funny once he warmed up to you. He was also the first one to crack a sexual joke whenever he had the chance.

"Alright Damien. What are you and Janice doing here?" I ask the two. I was curious to where the rest of the pack was; they didn't seem to travel without one another, Jason aside. But I’m sure Kyle was somewhere around campus swearing about Mina and Travis being disgusting.

"We can't just say hi?" Owen questioned with a strand of false hope. I shrugged at the possibility. Perhaps Seth could come by just to say hi, but Owen always had a hidden agenda. Always.

"You? No. Don't think so. I've seen you in class." I reminded. I happened to have calculus with all of the boys and Owen was always misbehaving. I was surprised Mr. Jackson didn’t curse him out. I’m sure it had something to do with Mina and me. We happened to be the only girls in a class with thirty horny boys. Talk about awkward.

"She's got a point." Seth agreed. Seth, Jason and I spent the better half of calculus making fun of how stupid and mischievous Owen was being. But, what can I say? The boy loved attention.

"Whatever." 

"We're here because Krissy is in our suite waiting for Jason to come out his room so she can put the moves on him." Seth explained, blatantly ignoring Owen. 

I looked at him confused. "Jason just left to get us food." 

They both looked at each other and with a sinister smile said, "We know."