The Past.

-AN-
I think the title for this chapter is pretty self explanatory, but anyways,the majority of this chapter will be set in the past! Lol, Tada~! Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

Oh, a mild lemon by the way. Like... Not even a lemon, a banana... I just made that up, shhh.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Leather boots scraped across the gravelly floor, carrying the owner to no particular destination. His fingers were interlaced with that of a young woman's. A woman he had known of since childhood, but hadn't seen since the day he left all those years ago.

Portgas D. Ace threw his head back as an onslaught of hysterical laughter shook his body, almost violently. His companion, (Name), was less than impressed at the reaction he gave to her story.

Frowning at the raven-haired pirate, she withdrew her hand, and carried on walking.

Although Ace didn't stop laughing immediately, he did stop pretty quick. His hand felt cold without the company of her own, and he wanted the warmth she gave, back as soon as possible.

Speeding over, he stopped before her and held her waist gently.

"Baby, baby, I'm sorry, ok?"

The male felt a tsunami of relief hit him when her lips curled into a smirk and she stood further into his embrace.

"Are you, though?"

She questioned, eyebrow cocking upward as her words provided a challenge to which he wasn't ignorant. The raven grinned, lowering his head.

"Uh-huh..."

His voice seemed to drop with every inch his head did, not that the woman minded. The change in pitch had pleasant butterflies manifesting in her stomach. The sensation only increased tenfold when he placed a kiss on her lips.

The warm hands at her waist pulled her even closer, thumbs rubbing circles onto the covered skin. The display of affection was quickly severed though, when both parties remembered they were in public.

(E/c) eyes gazed up into the ash-grey ones of her lover, and she found many emotions swirling within their depths. Desire was quite a potent one, however, so was conflict.

Being the son of the previous Pirate King, Ace believed he was not worthy of anything this world had to offer. Other than the pain and misery of which he had his unfair share of as a child.

Even though the woman thought she was nothing special, she knew that Ace categorized her as one of the many things he was unworthy of having. And while it made her feel special, it upset her to know that the male thought he wasn't good enough for her.

But that wasn't the only reason of his conflict.

Ace was only here temporarily. Soon, he would be leaving to continue his search for the man of whom broke the strictest, and only, rule among the Whitebeard pirates.

He killed a comrade.

The male felt compelled to hunt the man down, since he was apart of his division, and wasn't going to be staying with the woman much longer.

Anyway, the raven had been staying in her home until he shipped out again. And, as of recently, the encounters between the two had been becoming rather heated.

Ace really did want the woman, a lot, but he knew he'd feel guilty if he took her innocence, only to never return. And he had told (Name) this. She understood his hesitation, but hated the pessimism behind it. The lingering thought that Ace would not survive his search was a one neither enjoyed. However, the woman seemed to be the only one not allowing the thought to interrupt their relationship.

"When do you leave?"

(Name) asked, gaze dropping to the floor.

"...Tomorrow"

The raven replied hesitantly, and the (h/c) felt her heart ache. She knew he was leaving soon, but she must have gotten lost with the days. Choking back her cries, she looked up at him with a sad smile.

"Then let's make the most of today, shall we?"

Ace reciprocated the smile, taking her hand again, and walking along to where, they didn't give much thought.

~Time Skip~

In the early hours of the morning, the dark room was occupied by it's two inhabitants. Neither were asleep.

Sweat was slick along tanned skin, eyes squeezed shut as harsh pants and breathy moans echoed into the rising day.

A trembling hand snaked into rugged, raven hair, clutching it gently, making the owner groan. Every move the male made pushed the female towards something she had never experienced, but greatly anticipated.

Ace sensed her approaching plummet, and quickly captured her lips, effectively swallowing the loud cry of bliss she gave as she hit her high.

He followed sweet, grunting as his body twitched and seized up uncontrollably, before collapsing. Rolling to the side, the male hugged the (h/c) around her waist, resting his cheek on her shoulder as he panted.

It wasn't long before the adrenaline from such a rush wore off, and Ace was rendered unconscious thanks to his narcolepsy.

(Name) decided not to sleep that night. Her lover would be leaving in no less than a few hours, and she didn't want to miss any of it. But nature had cruel plans. And, within the hour, she was unconscious.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Trafalgar Law listened closely to the retelling of the woman's story. He didn't need for her to finish to know the demise her lover had met. He was there after all.

However... His doctoring side became curious. If they had slept together, then...

"Did you conceive, (Name)-ya?"

The navy-blue haired man asked softly. He out of anybody should know the emotional scars that losing a loved one could cause, so he didn't want to press too hard.

However, when she nodded, he felt his heart drop. If she was a mother, then his crew had taken her away from the child! He was going to slaughter them-

"It didn't make it..."

Law froze, yellow eyes widening significantly as he watched the woman who hung her head. He could clearly see her shoulders shaking as she tried not to cry.

"I...Fell ill during the pregnancy... The baby died..."

The Captain's first initial thought was to give the woman a check up. Make sure there was no lingering illness in her system, but decided against it. The last thing this broken woman needed was to be poked and prodded with needles and such.

He frowned as she buried her face in her hands, a few tears slipping through the divisions in her fingers.

Not only did this woman have an anxiety condition, but she had to live with emptiness of a lost lover in her heart, and the death of their child.

That was when Law made a decision. It was a heat-of-the-moment thought, really. Despite the fact he was still in a debate over whether or not he even liked the woman, he just knew he couldn't leave such an emotionally broke person by themself.

"(Name)-ya,"

He waited for her head to rise so he could look her in the eye. With a deep breath, he mustered up the most serious expression he could.

"I would like it if you joined my crew."