Takumi Aldini x Reader x Yukihira Soma || Rivals || Oneshot

Requested by: RoseMGottschalk

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"So, I flip it like this right? And then--" your phone started ringing, the vibration of it making your hand unsteady. You let out a groan as the omelette you were flipping ended up on the floor.

Soma started snickering from beside you and you glared weakly at him. "Shut it."

You grabbed your phone from your pocket and answered it without looking at the caller ID. "What the hell do you want?" you huffed out heatedly.

There was silence from the other line before someone spoke out. "What a nice way to greet your best friend."

Ah. It was Takumi.

"Fine. Hello my dearest sweet, lovable, and caring best friend. Now, I repeat. What do you want?" You rolled your eyes as Soma continued to snicker at you.

"Where are you? Wait.. Is that someone laughing? Who are you with?"

You sighed exasperatedly. "I believe I asked a question first."

There was no answer from the other line so you let out a defeated sigh. "I'm in the kitchen. And yes, I'm with someone."

You could sense the change of his tone immediately. "Who?"

"Seriously, Takumi. Why does it matter who I'm with? I'm just asking for cooking tips and--"

"WHO?"

You let out an annoyed sigh. "For your info, I'm with Soma and--"

"YOU'RE WITH YUKIHIRA?"

You glared at the wall in front you. "Yes. I'm with Soma. Is there a problem, Takumi?" You distinctly noticed that Soma stopped his snickering and was instead staring weirdly at you.

"WHY ARE YOU EVEN ALONE WITH HIM--"

"I ALREADY TOLD YOU I'M ASKING FOR COOKING TIPS! Now I'm asking you again. What the heck is your problem, Takumi?!" you shouted back, now fully annoyed. What is he so worked up about anyway? 

You heard him let out a frustrated noise. "THAT'S-- UGH, fine. Whatever. I don't care. Enjoy your day with him." he said emotionlessly before he hang up.

You stared disbelievingly at the device on your hand. Did he just freaking hang up on you?

Yes. Yes he did. And over what exactly?

You looked at Soma in annoyance. "What the hell is that guy's problem?! I just can't understand him anymore, agh!" You were tempted to fling your phone to the nearest wall, but you held back the urge. Your parents would surely be cross with you if you did that. You settled on strangling the frying pan. 

Soma shrugged and grinned. "From the looks of it, I think he's jealous."

You deadpanned. "Why is he even jealous? And jealous of what exactly? We're just cooking here, like really-- what. is. wrong. with. him." You gritted out, emphasizing each word with a hard squeeze on the utensil you were currently strangling. Your hands were feeling sore, but you ignored it.

Soma sat on one of the stools and looked at you thoughtfully. "He's right to be jealous actually.. I do plan on taking you away from him." At this, he grinned cheekily at you.

You stared in surprise at him. Was he saying what you think he's saying?

You smiled softly at him. "I'm sorry Soma, but you can't replace Takumi like that."

He looked up at this and smiled sadly. "Abruptly rejected huh.."

You tutted at him. "What makes you think that I would replace Takumi like that anyway? Takumi and I have been friends for a long time, and even though I want to punch him sometimes, he's an irreplaceable best friend! So I'm sorry, Soma. But you'll have to settle as my good friend." You patted his back comfortingly and Soma looked at you in disbelief.

"... What the.." He stared at you for another moment and promptly burst out laughing. You blushed hotly at this.

"W-what the hell- Why are you laughing!!"

"I can't believe you-- Oh geez, and here I thought I'm dense." he grabbed the table for support and you glared at him.

"What are you saying--" he waved a hand at you and smirked.

"Nah. Forget about it. I'm just glad that I still have a chance."

You raised a brow at this. "I thought I just told you that I won't do that to Takumi--" he snickered at this again and you stomped your feet in annoyance.

"Agh! That's it, I'm out. Goodbye Soma." you grabbed your things and Soma waved at you, still obnoxiously laughing.

You felt a vain pop and you promptly shut the door with a bang.

Once outside, you let out a sigh, still wondering what the hell was so funny about what you said.

Shrugging, you made your way towards Takumi's dorm, because you were sure he was sulking yet again.

You entered without knocking, and sure enough, Takumi was slumped over the sofa, glaring holes at the wall.

He stared warily at you as you sat down beside him. "What are you doing here? I thought you were having fun with Yukihira." you chopped him on the head and he let out a yelp.

"Honestly, Takumi. You're like this every time I hang out with someone else. Stop being jealous, there's nothing to be jealous of. Whatever happens, you're still my best friend. And no one, not even Soma can replace you as such. I told him so when he said he'd be taking me away from you. So stop sulking already." you admonished him and he looked at you like he was seeing you for the first time.

"I--what??"

You frowned. "Isn't that what you were being jealous of? That you think I would be replacing you as my best friend?"

He opened and closed his mouth repeatedly, not knowing what to say. "..."

You stared weirdly at him. "What?"

He shook his head and let out a humorless laugh. "I don't know if I should be happy or what that you're this dense.."

You glared at him "Hey! I resent that! Why am I dense---"

Takumi just laughed and pulled on your cheeks. You shrieked at this.

"Takumi, stop!"

If he was being honest, Takumi's somewhat glad that you were this slow. At least he knows that you would misinterpret every confession you receive unless stated straightforwardly.

Now, the real challenge begins. Not only is Yukihira Soma his rival in cooking, but now, he is also a rival for your affections.

May the best man win.

(Good luck to the both of them though.)

~End

~ o ~ o ~ o ~

HAHAHA.. WHAT THE FREAKIN HELL IS THIS ONESHOT?? ;__; I'm so sorry if this is shit, I suck at writing love triangles oh god. ;__; 

Anyway, so sorry for the late update! *bows* I didn't have a decent internet connection until yesterday evening so yeah.. ^^"

I think another Hayama oneshot is up for next chapter. Not sure though, depends on my writing mood. XD (I'm tempted to do more angst pls somebody stop me. T~T) Okay, that's all for now. Until next time! :D

All characters belong to the makers of Shokugeki no Soma.
You belong to.. Takumi or Soma? Nah, you still don't know they're fighting over you. :3