Takumi Aldini x Reader || Too Late || Oneshot

Short update because midterms is finally over! ^ w ^ 

- - - - - - - - - - - 

You hated the writing on your wrist.

Since you were born, it was already printed out there. You didn't know what it meant or what it is for.

When you were old enough to ask questions, you asked your mother what it means. She just shook her head and smiled at you sadly. "I'll let you know when you grow older, sweetheart."

So you waited. And as you got ready to go to Tōtsuki  Academy for High School, she finally told you.

You wished you never asked.

"Do you remember what I told you about soulmates?"

You nodded your head. "You said that they're the one who'll understand and connect with me in every way and on every level. They're the one to complete me."

"That's right. Because you can't be sure on who your soulmate really is, we are born with something that enables us to identify them." she looked at you straight in the eye, and you felt your body tense.

"That writing on your wrist.. that's the indicator. It's the last words your soulmate will ever say to you." You felt your body stiffen. Your eyes strayed over to your wrist, and you felt like it weighed a lot more than it used to. You chanced a small glance at your mother and asked hesitantly. "Is that how you knew that father was your..?"

She nodded gravely. "I married him without the assurance that he was my soulmate.. I didn't care at that time. I loved him so much that I wouldn't have cared if he wasn't the one for me. But then.." she couldn't continue anymore.

Ever since then, you came to loath what was written on your skin.

- 'I'll definitely come back. So wait for me, okay?' -

How ironic, right? You wished to never hear those words for the rest of your life.

- - - - -

After 3 grueling years of tears and pain, you finally graduated from Tōtsuki Academy. You smiled as Takumi and Isami jogged over to you and gave you a big hug.

"We did it." you laughed as tears of joy ran down your face.

Congratulations were exchanged and Isami excused himself as he ran off to greet the others.

Takumi shifted in his place for a while, and you laughed at his awkwardness. "So.. what do you plan to do after this?"

You dreaded to ask this question to him. Ever since you both started dating, you knew that he would have to go back to Italy someday. And now that he finally graduated..

"I'll go back to Italy.." you felt like someone was squeezing your heart. "But just for a while. I'm going to tell my father personally that I want to make a branch of our restaurant here." he said and you felt a small smile creep to your face. "...with you." he mumbled with a cough, and you grinned, feeling heat rise up to your face.

"I'll send you off." you declared and he nodded his consent. He excused himself to talk to the others and you did the same. Laughs and smiles were exchanged all throughout the day.

You were happy that Takumi wouldn't leave Japan for good. But..

You can't help but feel that something would go terribly wrong.

- - - - -

The next day, the unsettling feeling at the pit of your stomach didn't disappear. You were at the airport with Takumi, and you kept shifting in place. You wanted to tell him to not go, because you felt that something bad was going to happen, but you just shook it off as you being paranoid.