Feeling writery...

Somebody please tell me what is the name of that wonderful feeling that you feel when you get the urge to write! I don't get it too often but I do get it. I don't necessarily have any idea what I want to write either when I get that feeling. I just get the urge to sit in front of the blank page (screen) or even pick up a pen and paper and write something. It happens a lot to me when I'm driving. Suddenly I know that in short while I am going to be putting words down that are important to me. I don't always get to do it and sometimes the feeling passes by the time I get the chance but it is a gorgeous feeling while it lasts. 

It's a good feeling. Kind of a high almost. Just knowing that soon I am going to write something is euphoric. To be honest I get that feeling maybe twice a week. It's like something is happening in my subconscious. Maybe I am already writing it in the back of my mind and it is trying to spill over to my conscious and it produces this feeling without providing any clue whatsoever about what it is. 

Of course you can't just rely on these feeling to write. You have to write when you can and not just when you are compelled to do so. Ah but those feelings of compulsion are amazing. I feel more focused to write when those times come. I have written before that you writers should forget the idea that there is any magical muse to what you do but this feeling almost feels like that. 

I wonder why I get them more often when I'm driving though?  Maybe doing some rote activity like driving opens up my mind to whatever is back there hiding.  I'm semi focused on driving and stuff spills in. Enough to get feeling to write but not enough to expose to me what I want to write about yet. The problem is, well, I'm driving and I can't just pull over and write. 

Well I can't find a word for it so I will call it "feeling writery". Hope the feeling hits you hard and often. It's awesome.